Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Baron hats are really nice in my opinion.

And I’m not sure what your point is. This is a widespread practice in props, using a cheaper item for what gets destroyed I mean.

I’ve owed a couple Baron hats…I have a different opinion of them than you do.

I’ll confess to knowing nothing about TV wardrobes or costuming. As to my point, you said things like it was “always a Barron” except for the fedora at the end. Then you talk about a time when it wasn’t a Barron (the hat with a bullet hole). The word “always” means without exception. Words matter. :)

Last edited:

Movie2099

New in Town
This is another Baron Hat that T.O. wears quite a bit.

1690814819315.png

David Manning

New in Town
So, I reached out to Baron Hats, and they did confirm that they did make the hat for RG for Justified: City Primeval.
Awesome! Now we just need to know the crown height and especially the brim size.

Did they say if it’s the same as the last hat with just a flattened brim and curve down in front/back or is it different altogether?

Also curious about that hat band. I didn’t like it at first but it’s growing in me. Might need to try one like that on my Marshal.

Movie2099

New in Town
Awesome! Now we just need to know the crown height and especially the brim size.

Did they say if it’s the same as the last hat with just a flattened brim and curve down in front/back or is it different altogether?

Also curious about that hat band. I didn’t like it at first but it’s growing in me. Might need to try one like that on my Marshal.
I'm waiting for their reply. Will update once I hear back.

I'm still waiting for my RG hat from them. Unfortunately, they have a long wait time for their hats. I'm sitting on 3 months right now.

Movie2099

New in Town
Just checking in. What are everyone's on thoughts on the show so far? 5 episodes in and only 3 episodes to go!

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Just checking in. What are everyone's on thoughts on the show so far? 5 episodes in and only 3 episodes to go!

Well, since you asked...

It's absolutely horrible. Because I enjoyed the original show so much I struggled through about the middle of episode 5, and called it quits. I won't go back.

City Primeval is an Elmore Leonard story too, and another good one, but it didn't have Raylan in it and he doesn't fit well into this storyline. Add in all the woke bullcrap Hollywood is shoving down our throats, and this is what you get - a big steaming pile of stink. If this is the best they can do, I hope Hollywood strikes for eternity. We won't miss them for a minute. There are enough old shows and movies to watch for a long time.

Movie2099

New in Town
Well, since you asked...

It's absolutely horrible. Because I enjoyed the original show so much I struggled through about the middle of episode 5, and called it quits. I won't go back.

City Primeval is an Elmore Leonard story too, and another good one, but it didn't have Raylan in it and he doesn't fit well into this storyline. Add in all the woke bullcrap Hollywood is shoving down our throats, and this is what you get - a big steaming pile of stink. If this is the best they can do, I hope Hollywood strikes for eternity. We won't miss them for a minute. There are enough old shows and movies to watch for a long time.
Oh, you're not alone. On another forum regarding this show, the grand majority of people are not liking it. Myself, I'm in the "meh" stage as of episode 5. I will finish all the way through and give a final assessment, but so far, it's just not that good. Not even close to the quality that was Justified. RG is so out of place in Detroit. The writing team and T.O. could've easily created a one or two season "reboot" with him in Miami. Sure, it's not an Elmore book, but really, they didn't need to use an Elmore book. As long as RG is the main character, and they surround him with another memorable villain like Boyd Crowder or heck even a Meg type from season 2. That would've been 100x better than what we got right now.

There is more to be said, but I'll keep it short. Save all the good stuff until the show concludes. :)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Wasn’t going to comment but what the heck.
Raylan has mellowed tooo much.
Raylan likes to show his nice hair tooo much.
Raylan has kept his gun in his holster tooo much.
Other then when he beat the crap outta the wildman, Raylan hasn’t really been much of a Raylan.
I’m waiting for his new Detroit detective partner to go all Raylan…err Detroit on the whole situation.
I don’t know Elmore books but a couple more Boyd’s and a Meg would be nice. Then we might see Raylan go to work.
Yeah, they need to kick it up a couple notches.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari