Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JV 44

John Lever

One Too Many
This is my new Messerschmitt jacket from Germany. It's a copy of the so called Jet Jacket.

Made from very soft dark brown horsehide with a Rayon [ I think] lining, black mouton collar, hidden button and snap closure, elasticated inner sleeves with external zip and closure snap, adjustable snap closure collar and inner cord and toggle waist tightener. Single snap closure breast pocket.
From the photographs I have seen of originals I would say this an accurate reproduction of a very complicated design. It is a brave undertaking by Ingo to make this very unusual and stylish jacket.
The weight is somewhere around the B-2 level, so it's not a heavy type garment so it will see lots of wear in our variable climate. The length also gives good protection around the lower back and even though it is not a thick garment it does feel warm.
The jacket oozes quality and I highly recommend it.

The pics may make the leather appear black, but it is very dark matt seal brown

IMGP3554.jpg

IMGP3555.jpg

IMGP3556.jpg

IMGP3557.jpg

IMGP3558.jpg

IMGP3559.jpg

IMGP3560.jpg

IMGP3561.jpg

IMGP3579.jpg

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Congratulation John!

This is an amazing jacket and it fits you very well. The guys from Original Fliegerjacken created a fantastic jacket.

Enjoy it!

Olli

JanSolo

Practically Family
That's a terrific design, John. You're right about the quality. The stitching looks first class and the choice of material is also very good. Looks like an all-around-the-year alternative to the B2 design. Congratulations.

xwray

Familiar Face
I really like the features and look of this jacket, enough so that if I decided to buy another jacket it would be at the top of the list.

Paden

Vendor
John Lever said:
This is my new Junckers jacket from Germany. It's a copy of the so called Jet Jacket.

Hi John,

not Junkers, Messerschmitt.;)
The jacket is the only spezified leather jacket by the WWII Luftwaffe.
We named it "Messerschmitt JV44", in respect to the member of the expert squadron, the JV 44.
The pilots flew the famous Me 262, protected by FW 190 with red and with stripes painted, to show
the Flak friend and foe.

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/images/jv44pilots.jpg

PuLpO

Familiar Face
sehr schöne Jacke ingo, ps ich war schon mal bei dir nur leider warst du nicht da.
könnten wir aber nochmals wiederholen da du nur 20km von uns aus entfernt bist ;)

Gruss Stephan

Paden

Vendor
Hi Stephan,

wir sind Samstag von 10.00 Uhr bis 17.00 Uhr vor Ort und trennen uns von vielen Einzelstücken, bzw. bieten Sonderaktionen auf Lagerware.
Vielleicht klappts ja bei Dir.
Würde mich freuen!

Gruß,

Ingo

PoohBang

Suspended
the jacket looks top notch as to manufacture and really cool features too.

but to be honest, I don't like the way it looks worn. Maybe it's just the one photo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner