Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keep or adapt?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hey ton - this shot's for you, man.

Sorry about the quality. To me, more than anything, it shows the limitations of photos. They never really convey how jackets feel. Having said that - I have a cold and have worn this non stop for 2 days to get it to loosen up. While I can still feel my gaul bladder being wrapped around my liver, I'm finding it less unpleasant. Jackets can be like women - we overlook the flaws if they please us in other ways. Oops, I didn't mean for that to sound like a reactionary patriarchal aphorism.

View attachment 124531

keep, break in, seams will give some

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I decided to move this on. As I said earlier, it looks good in photos but it does not fit. Hence the fundamental weakness of any jacket decision made by visual input alone.

I have worn this almost every day since I got it and zipped it up but I simply can't breathe in properly or move my shoulders as I would like so... bye, bye.

Now I want to replace it and I am crippled by choice. Thankfully I am conservative in my taste and will only wear three or four jacket styles, as most patterns don't much appeal to me. This alone has saved me thousands of bucks over the years.

I feel like it is cheating paying full price for a custom jacket - it's too easy. What I really want is to find something cool on eBay or on the Aero deals page, but there is almost never anything that is the right size for me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
goatskin can expand with use. This is my goatskin jacket and I quite often wear it like that with long sleeve turtleneck underneath, I'm hundred percent on the adapting side, if visually looks good then it's Good for me, usually after some initial struggle I get used of the jacket and it feels good too.
1owON2j.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm