Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KIND OF WANT (The new Blade Runner discs)

Jovan

Suspended
After doing a quick search on Google for Doran in the Rick Deckard costume thread, I came upon this. :eek:

Whoever's putting the briefcase edition on their Christmas wishlist, raise their hand.

*raises*

All we have to hope is that the briefcase is actually functional as a piece of luggage. Then again, it'd be kind of strange walking around with one that says "Blade Runner" on the side. lol

Feraud

Bartender
You are going to need some Blade Runner gear to go with you suitcase.
Picture603.jpg

;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by Feraud
You are going to need some Blade Runner gear to go with you suitcase.
Picture603.jpg

PKD_DO_ANDROIDS_DANISH.jpg
Danish Cover

a dop kit, a copy of The Shifting Realities of Philip K. Dick: Selected Literary and Philosophical Writings, extra undergarments, socks, a sweater, pants, shirt, and catch a flight to San Francisco where I'd drop by The Mission Street Hall of Justice and say hello to M. Emmett Walsh. Then I'd wander a bit and look for some adherents of Mercerism.

In mid-afternoon, I'd meet Edward James Olmos who would teach me the secrets of Origami. Afterwards, I'd have cocktails with Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford. Then I'd accompany them to an all-night club where we'd dance and drink the night away with Daryl Hannah and Sean Young.

I'd return to my hotel in a cab driven by William Sanderson where I'd be greeted at the door by Brion James and bid goodnight by the gentlemen at the front desk, James Hong and Joe Turkel.

When I awoke, I'd be home in my own bed because, of course, this never happened.

Or did it?

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I can't wait until the theater re-release. Blade Runner is one of those movies I grew up on, but was born afterwards. I caught the Star Wars re-releases 15 years ago. Now I'll get Blade Runner.

A few years ago, when Alien was re-released, I missed it and I'm still kicking myself.

Jovan

Suspended
Paratrooper said:
What would be cooler is if the suitcase was made to look like the Void Kompt (sp? [huh] ) machine.

uber nerd yup that's me
Voight-Kompf? I'm pretty sure the first is correct. It'd make sense if the machine was named after its creators.

Doh!

One Too Many
Jack Scorpion said:
A few years ago, when Alien was re-released, I missed it and I'm still kicking myself.

Don't fret it too badly: as with most diretor's cuts, the original still works the best. While it was interesting to see additional footage, the pacing of the original is the superior product.

I did like seeing it on the Big Screen again, though.

Jovan

Suspended
I felt THX 1138: The George Lucas Director's Cut was superior in most every way to the original. [huh] (And much more consistent and on-track than his "director's cuts" of the original Star Wars trilogy.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo