Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knitters, check this out!

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Have been knitting on & off for a few years now, still @ the scarves/simple pieces stage... but started to get into again and was interested in vintage paterns & design. Thanks for the info!

olive bleu

One Too Many
nicer than a toque

i just bought this cute hat pattern off e-bay. I am starting it tonight!

1940sCapandGlovesSet.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
i just bought this cute hat pattern off e-bay. I am starting it tonight!

1940sCapandGlovesSet.jpg

Oh Olive Bleu--that hat is simply darling. I saw someone with a similar one--cocked off to the side of the head on Halloween and I almost asked her to commision one for me. It was so cute!

Right now I'm on a sock knitting bender thanks to Lolly's Socktoberfest knit along, but I'm beginning to miss needles that are larger than a size 1. Sigh!

- Leslie

olive bleu

One Too Many
I am so glad you like it miss dottie... i love that it is convertible, you can wear the same hat both ways... I will have to post a pic when it is finished!:)

Kim_B

Practically Family
I need some one to show me how to knit. I know the basic idea of it, and I've tried going off of a website that has instructions and pictures, but I need some one to actually show me how. I've been dying to learn! Add that to the "Things to Learn" list that seems to be ever-growing!

I envy you ladies who can knit and sew...perhaps one of these days!!!

olive bleu

One Too Many
my one piece of advice would be to not learn to knit from your left-handed Grandmother!lol

My Grandmother taught me to knit as a left-handed person(which i am not)it took me years to learn to knit as a rightie!:D

GOK

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
my one piece of advice would be to not learn to knit from your left-handed Grandmother!lol

My Grandmother taught me to knit as a left-handed person(which i am not)it took me years to learn to knit as a rightie!:D

Now you see, that worked perfectly for me - we're both left handed! :D

BTW - the yesterknits' domain has expired; 'tis no more...for now. :(

fleur

One of the Regulars
Wowwww thanks for the links guys.

I may not be much cop at dressmaking but I sure can knit.

I love all of these patterns and I love knitting (especially at this time of year!)

fleur

One of the Regulars
Weellllllllll ...........

I have been known to do garments for others and they have always been pleased with the results.

My grandmother who lives with me also knits lots and lots and she takes commissions ;)

:eek:fftopic: with regards knitting... it is my gran who is going to teach me to sew properly. She is a seamstress but also used to have to make many of her own clothes and knit her own jumpers and cardis because she is 4' 10" and has been for most of her life!

PS : I love curling up when its cold with a good pattern, knitting in front of a good film with the cat keeping my head warm!

GOK

One Too Many
Ooohh Fleur, I may well be calling on your gran's talent then (or yours if you have the time) in the near future...if that's ok, that is. :D

**flutters eyelashes appealingly!**

fleur

One of the Regulars
I will speak to her as she is coming back to mine (she spends some time at my mums as my mum has Lupus) and run the idea by - she likes to keep her hands busy.... usually doing my ironing and the likes lol

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
AllaboutEve said:
This site has some of the greatest vintage pattern kits I have ever seen! that come with all the yarn so you don't have to faff about trying to substitute 2ply with something and spend hours knitting a million tension squares trying to get it right.
I am in LOVE with this beaded cardigan and these sweaters..... saving up for a kit as we speak.
http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/

135.jpg
I love this light blue sweater. :)

velvetongue

Familiar Face
has anyone here knit the Three Hour Sweater in the top-down in the round or bottom-up in the round and could offer any advice?

am trying to knit this top-down in the round ... will post my notes/pictures if i'm successful.

zendy

A-List Customer
All I've heard about the three hour sweater is that it takes 3 hours of frustration and 3 days of work. I'm also interested in trying it so I'd like to know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass