Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I stick to mountain bikes as they can be hung on a wall and I can get a few dozen in my garage....plus they are quieter but can't go as fast.....which is probably a good thing for me. My Case Kickstarter is a great little knife for EDC. Has a pocket clip, doesn't take up much room, good quality, easy access and the one hand opening comes in very handy....all for under $100
Sounds like a good deal BelfastBoy. I thought there was some sort of ordinance against owning spring assist knives in Canada though, Something about falling under the shadow of the the switchblade knife ban, or something like that.

Sounds like a good deal BelfastBoy. I thought there was some sort of ordinance against owning spring assist knives in Canada though, Something about falling under the shadow of the the switchblade knife ban, or something like that.
Probably is a law against it but at this point in my life dont care. If they want to toss an old guy like me in jail well I'll run the risk. Even in some States they are not legal. Down south I just carry a thumb assist as I don't want to get deported.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
Probably is a law against it but at this point in my life dont care. If they want to toss an old guy like me in jail well I'll run the risk. Even in some States they are not legal. Down south I just carry a thumb assist as I don't want to get deported.

Fair enough, I agree with your logic completely. Never got that whole switchblade ban thing though. There are much more dangerous knives out there than ones that open with one hand. I suspect it’s a case of switchblades being viewed as “scary” by the authorities who don’t know better, as the reason for their ban. Very much like the “black guns are bad since they are more dangerous” logic that we see so much of these days.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No replica but an original Pre-WWI Prussian border patrol hunter, blade length 20".

full

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just found this little thingy in my washing machine, a 12cm bladed FDL in Ebony/Inox.

full

Washed a back pack recently and must have overseen it. As you can see it already lived a bit as i use this as daily and travelling folder, has seen some good lot of Europe meanwhile.
Resisted at least two wash cycles, one with pre-washing cycle with spin-drying at 1400rpm, so this might possibly your next easy to clean folder...:D

Just found this little thingy in my washing machine, a 12cm bladed FDL in Ebony/Inox.

full

Washed a back pack recently and must have overseen it. As you can see it already lived a bit as i use this as daily and travelling folder, has seen some good lot of Europe meanwhile.
Resisted at least two wash cycles, one with pre-washing cycle with spin-drying at 1400rpm, so this might possibly your next easy to clean folder...:D
I have one very similar, black bone handle, nickel bolsters.

Steven65

New in Town
Clean selection of Randals! 14, 1, 2 and 16 by the look of it. I'm partial to those same Models myself.

Thanks so much. That Model 14 is a bit special it was made with Micarta salvaged from Kennedy Space Center, Launch Pad Complex #39 when it was demolished to be rebuilt for Space X.

I actively collect 1-8's, 2-8's and 4-6F's, but I have some other ones as well.:)

Yahoody

One Too Many
All neat knives! Your #14 is a special one.

My last remaining #14.
r14.JPG

an older #2 showing some wear.
DSC01758 (2).JPG

And my last new Randal, a #2-8S with ivory Micarta, NS. And I think, exceptionally good grind lines, which is takes some real skill to get right on a big #2.
DSC00698.JPG

I've owned and used a #1 and #2-7s since the the late '70s. But have owned a bunch of #2s in 7 and 8, 16s and 14s. Eventually started making my own knives for a while that mimic Randal of course for handles designs and blade shapes. Not art like a Randal but a good balance in hand, built to be tough and sharp. Simple using knives, all under 7.5". And I was able to use the current Randall sheath maker.
r3.jpg

Always fun to show up in the right place with a good knife:D Live blade training with very sharp #2-8s :eek:
knife lee.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko