Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knucklehead Mayor

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gays

Big news on our Bay Area news channels tonight. Complete with the interviews of the unfortunate 51 year together lesbian old ladies who are upset at this news.

MY TAKE?

Tolerance.

Let people live with who they want. Compare the, say 1940's, to today. Could you have lived with a "same sex" person in a home, etc. and not be the talk of the town? Today we do not notice the same sex relationships...they should be allowed as part of TOLERANCE. Do not condemn.

But the STATE OF CALIFORNIA CANNOT SANCTION MARRIAGES between SAME SEX COUPLES!

Somehow, I feel that this is just another "in your face, accept us or die" type of attack.

Most Gays I know HATE Christians as we oppose their style as a perversion.

Who knows? I don't have any answers.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The main point here is that a mayor of a city just can't decide he will over ride the will of the people of his state (or the law) just because he feels like it.

In 2000 Californians voted overwhelmingly for Proposition 22 which says the state will only recognize marrige as being between one man and one women. It is the law.

It doesn't say that gays can't have a relationship....it just says that is not "marrige" in this state. The people have spoken. If somebody wants to change that, they have to put to another vote.

That is like the mayor of LA deciding that polygamy will be permitted in our city.

No dice.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by MK
The main point here is that a mayor of a city just can't decide he will over ride the will of the people of his state just because he feels like it.

In 2000 Californians voted overwhelmingly for Proposition 22 which says the state will only recognize marrige as being between one man and one women.

It doesn't say that gays can't have a relationship....it just says that is not "marrige" in this state. The people have spoken. If somebody wants to change that, they have to put to another vote.

That is like the mayor of LA deciding that polygamy will be permitted in our city.

No dice.

If that were true... Why is it OK to smoke Marijuana in Berkeley?

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
O really

Imahomer, you know darn well.
The DA in Contra Cost County will not file a cultivation case on anyone growing plants when they have their "doctors note" the "compassionate users form" and the "caregivers attestment".

Take photos and write it.

Marijuana is LEGAL now in California.

Thank the leglislature and the voters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay