Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KTLA goes "Retro" for 54 hours on Thanksgiving Weekend!

Are you in the Los Angeles broadcast area?
Hear again the voice of Clete Roberts!

http://blogs.ktla.com/news_custom_bill/
"...Now the entire 60-hour Retro Special will be a massive marathon of everything from TV's earliest sitcoms, to KTLA's first local programming, to TV's very first news live shots...."

(press release):
As part of their 60th Anniversary, KTLA is showing nothing but classic TV shows which were on the Ch. 5 schedule at one time or another from Friday 11/23 at 11pm until Monday 11/26 at 5am. The only break will be a shortened version of Prime News both Sat. and Sun. at 10pm. Check this out:

Late Night Friday 11/23:

11pm - Jack Benny Show
(2 episodes with Bob Hope and Lawerence Welk - both KTLA Alumni)

Midnight - The Honeymooners
("The $99,000 Question" and "The Golfer")

1am - Kung Fu
("The Well")

2am - Rawhide
("Incident of the Reluctant Bridegroom)

3am - The Big Valley
("Palms of Glory")

4am - Hopalong Cassidy (2 episodes)

5am - Bonanza
("The Legacy")

Saturday 11/24

6am- Little House on the Prairie
("A Harvest of Friends")

CLASSIC SATURDAY MORNING
------------------------------
7am - Lassie
7:30am - Timmy and Lassie
8am - Uncle Waldo (2 episodes)
9am - Underdog (2 episodes)
10am - POPEYE
11am - The Little Rascels

K

kpreed

Glad to this is happening, broadcast radio/TV lost me years ago, but I really think the powers know that some of today's stuff does not make it like some of yesterday's oldie's do.:eusa_clap

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Wooo I can watch Popeye episodes again...but is it too much to hope that they at least throw a little Tom Hatton in there?

Mmmmm old tv......although they could skip the 'Little house on the dammed Prairie" and suit me fine..

K

killertomata

Miss Neecerie said:
Wooo I can watch Popeye episodes again...but is it too much to hope that they at least throw a little Tom Hatton in there?

Yes! Aww, I used to love watching Tom Hatton, and all his drawings. :D

Miss Neecerie said:
Mmmmm old tv......although they could skip the 'Little house on the dammed Prairie" and suit me fine..

Ok that made me laugh out loud. Little House on the damned Prairie. :D

I sure wish I was in that broadcast area.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:

Minor point - but it's Hatten. I made the mistake as a kid of writing a letter and spelling it "Hatton" and beside getting a note back answering the question I asked, I also got a couple paragraphs on how rude not to make sure of the correct spelling of someone's name before "bothering" them by writing them, blah blah blah...all very pompous. Dad thought it was hilarious - "This hack's got about 3 credits to his name and he writes a kid a letter like this? He couldn't act his way out of a bag. He should be kowtowing to the few fans he has." I did note, even at that young age, his own letter didn't use the proper form of there, they're and their in it.

Sheriff John was way better, anyway... ;)

Doh!

One Too Many
Caught a couple of Leave it to Beaver episodes tonight. Haven't seen that show in many years.

Still the best line: "Pull yourself up, Beaver! Put your foot on the lady's thumb!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL