Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.w. chp

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Very impressed with the fit, perfect in body and sleeves, nice and trim. Certainly better than many other LWs I have seen, in particular the trim sleeves. Stu and his team outdid themselves.. congratulations!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
so I love to do custom jackets with stu and I have been patiently waiting for the most recent to get here. The jacket weighs 10 lbs in 4oz hh. I have gotten nickel hardware the last two times because it matches the #10 crown. Well this time I did nos brass talon pocket sleeve zips an a diamond talon pull for a chest with the #10 crown. I like the mismatch hardware an originals mixed them sometimes. I deleted the epaulets, the badge holder, the belt loops, collar snaps. I deleted fur from cuffs also an added deer skin. I added a chest pocket which I really like. Another thing I did was add custom cuffs, i saw a langlitz jacket that had similar cuffs and wanted them instantly. I really like how it turned out. It is stiff and fitted and I think its going to break in lovely. The stitching, build, and construction are flawless, its an example of a l.w. jacket that their known for. Now pics. View attachment 255134 View attachment 255135 View attachment 255136 View attachment 255137 View attachment 255138 View attachment 255139 View attachment 255140 View attachment 255141 View attachment 255142 View attachment 255143

That came out just perfect!

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Really nice looking jacket John. It really looks like the ultimate jacket for riding. So what kind of bike do you ride? Because you ae definitely ready to ride!!!
I actually don't have a bike its unfortunate, I drive a truck daily so the jacket won't "ride up" after I break it in. Im either going to have to put my other jackets in "jail" so I can break this in, or sell them??

Looks like LW tweaked the hand warmer pocket position—

0307C0A4-90F9-4702-BBC6-A6FDE9BB0204.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Looks like LW tweaked the hand warmer pocket position—

View attachment 255247

These pockets are the one thing i dislike on my CHP, i find them unusable, they are too far back for me and i can't put my hands in them.

UcPmRW3.jpg

Can you guys measure the stitch lines that go around the pocket on yours please.
The ones going from main zipper to top of pockets are 12.5cm/4.92"
The ones going from the belt line to bottom of pockets are 6.5cm/2.55"

2”:: Bottom of pockets to top-stitch line of belt. The uppermost stitch line of the bottom hem, just above the thick portion of leather.

4”:: Top of pockets to zippers stitch line.

My short arms have no issue with the pockets. I sort of do an upright row and they then slide right in with elbows by the body/jacket. The angle of my pockets helps, they don’t seem as vertical as yours.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
These pockets are the one thing i dislike on my CHP, i find them unusable, they are too far back for me and i can't put my hands in them.

UcPmRW3.jpg

Can you guys measure the stitch lines that go around the pocket on yours please.
The ones going from main zipper to top of pockets are 12.5cm/4.92"
The ones going from the belt line to bottom of pockets are 6.5cm/2.55"
You are long limbed, I can get to mine the leather is just stiff right now

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Great Work John - Socked that one right out of the park -- Home Run!! :)

I also really like the simplified CHP straight-zip less the belt loops, fur in the cuffs and with the chest pocket instead of the badge holder. Excellent specificaiton and looks like it should break in amazingly well. It will be a great "truck jacket" as already indicated too.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Great Work John - Socked that one right out of the park -- Home Run!! :)

I also really like the simplified CHP straight-zip less the belt loops, fur in the cuffs and with the chest pocket instead of the badge holder. Excellent specificaiton and looks like it should break in amazingly well. It will be a great "truck jacket" as already indicated too.
Thx buddy, im ready to put the work in for sure, get it looking worn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff