Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

La M?¥me aka La Vie En Rose

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
I cannot wait for this release! Scheduled for a US premier on June 8th ..

"La Vie En Rose is the US title for La M?¥me (French for "The Kid") a 2007 French language movie directed by Olivier Dahan about singer ?âdith Piaf, starring Marion Cotillard as Piaf. The movie premiered at Berlin Film Festival. Co-stars include film veteran G?©rard Depardieu, Sylvie Testud, Emanuelle Seiger, newcomer Jean-Pierre Martins and respected character actor Pascal Greggory."

Lavie_finalkeyart.jpg

Official Site

Trailers

Gallery

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I saw the trailer for this movie just the other day when I went to see "Waitress" (which by the way is wonderful as well!)

Can't wait to see it!

Brooksie

One Too Many
I read about this movie in the last issue of Bust Magazine that came in the mail about 3 weeks ago, I love Piaf and would love to see this movie.

Brooksie

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I just saw the film today and it was great. The theater was filled, with only a few empty seats. The film makes a lot of jumps from one year to another and then back to the previous years, but it was simple to follow for myself. I believe it would be for anyone. I can't say how true it is to Miss Piaf's life but if there was any truth at all in this film, they created it with excellence. Marion Cotillard did a fantastic job as Miss Piaf but without the voice of Edith Piaf, the film would just not have been the same. See it for yourself. I walked away with a smile. So can you.

Right now in the US it's playing in Los Angeles, New York, and San Fransisco. It will spread later this month according to their website.

You can find out where it's playing directly from the official website under "Theaters and Tickets". Here's the US site.

vonwotan

Practically Family
bump

Have others had the opportunity to see La Vie en Rose? I don't go out to the movies very often but, I am very tempted by this one. These days I wait until they come out on DVD.

I haven't noticed listings anywhere other than NYC (LA and SF are on the other coast ;) ).

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Rose is currently playing here in Chicago; haven't seen it yet,
but the Chicago Tribune review was decidedly negative. I may catch it this week.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
You can find out where it's playing directly from the official website under "Theaters and Tickets". It's spreading to other parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic