Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies: Is your spouse/S.o. into vintage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My dearest BF is just the same as me in that we both love 30s/40s style. He is also a member of the Lounge, since I directed him to it! Always showing all the other chaps his numerous suits in their thread!
We love going shopping together for vintage stuff and at the weekend he found me a wonderful black velvet opera coat that I overlooked. He was raving about it to one of our friends yesterday, she tells me.
Today he is off to Bath to meet the same friend and they are looking out some bits for me together. How lucky am I? I have a wonderful boyfriend and lovely friends, as well as all of you here in the Lounge!
I could never give him up - don't ask!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
My boyfriend is a greaser, but not a particularly retro-leaning one. I saw a really awesome pair of high waisted 50s jeans that would look great on him, but he didn't want to know! He mostly favours plain black t-shirts, band t-shirts, or branded stuff like Lucky 13 etc, and bowling shirts with lowish slung jeans and Converse or creepers. He has very fine hair that he has a devil of a time trying to get into a pomp and stay that way, so he has (under my persuasion) adopted a slightly more 40s-ish side parting, which is a little bit pomp-y (if there's such a word) but not as high. It suits me as most days I am dressed more rockabilly than anything else - I don't have the clothes yet, and I tend to save my Golden era gear for special occasions!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
My husband definitely is into the look.For attire we both lean toward the 40s and 50s as inspiration,though not always true vintage just classic.We love the 30s deco period for architecture and furniture,he's obsessed with the clocks from that time period as well.We both also like to mix in a little mid-century modern.
Our musical taste runs from rockabilly,jumpblues,classic r&b,western swing,big band,and probably more I can't think of.

Naama

Practically Family
I don't have no boyfriend ( :( ) and I never really seen any vintage guys around, so I don't think that I'll ever find the vintage guy of my dreams, I'm despered, I'll tell you!

Naama

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I met my hubby at a jitterbug class 8 or 9 years ago.He was really fascinated with the music and dance.He was just beginning to get into the style and it really emerged once we got together.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
In other words ladies they're out there.If you find someone with similar interests,they'll pick up the style pretty quickly.I have to say,too that I didn't have to push my husband toward the style I just had to show him how to shop for it.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Naama said:
I don't have no boyfriend ( :( ) and I never really seen any vintage guys around, so I don't think that I'll ever find the vintage guy of my dreams, I'm despered, I'll tell you!

Naama

Oh sweetie, just you wait! I never thought I would ever meet my retro sweetie, but we're tying the knot this Saturday in vintage duds to boot!

Patience, sweet Naama!

Avalon

A-List Customer
CherryRed, that costume turned out amazing! All he needs is one black glove and a Force FX lightsaber. </Star Wars geekery lol>

My SO is tall, dark, handsome...and goth. Black, black and more black. And killer boots on top of that. ;) My own style is incredibly eclectic - vintage-inspired one day, goth the next, jeans and sweater on weekends - so I have absolutely no problems with this.

I wouldn't care if he wore a tutu if he were here with me! *wistful grin*

Liz

Naama said:

Naama

If it's any consolation, I have the same exact problem that you do! I have male friends who have similar interests to mine, but they're all at least 30 years older than me, so they're not really dating material! They are great friends though :)

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Congratulations, Miss Dottie!
My boyfriend actually directed ME to the Powder Room while researching the whole vintage scene. We're both swing dancers totally entrenched in the old style, old dancing. I swear that we're both 90 year-olds in twentysomethings's bodies. He won my heart when he handed me his fedora to keep, and I knew he was a keeper after that. ;) It's great to have someone to go antiquing with and who finds my style attractive--and you can't beat having your guy voluntarily wear a bowtie, haha.

Ladies, "he's" out there. I promise. Just keep those red lips and watch how they flock.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
My husband doesn't dress vintage. He loves wearing suits and dresses more on the trendy/preppy style (polo shirts and button up shirts). I'm hoping he'll sway a bit toward the vintage side of the force after going to the QM this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner