Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies prefer...

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
Puzzicato said:
lol I like them, I just don't want to jump them!

I agree, I just don't find blonde men attrative. It sounds silly and superficial, but I think because I have red hair, if I go out with a blonde man it won't go as well as someone who has brown hair...how ridiculous, but I think that's why I generally don't fancy blondes.

I have to say I love reading people's lists because it does sound like a shopping list and very well thought out. It's funny how we can all make criteria, but a lot of time you end up falling in love with someone who doesn't match the list...such is life.

Edward I definately agree that too much is placed on romance and being in love when it comes to relationships. I look for an element of practicality in a relationship and think where do I want to be in so many years and will my other half accomodate it. Similarly I like to know where he wants to be and see if I can accomodate.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Amy Jeanne said:
I'm married to whom I prefer, but I will describe him anyway ;)

Tall (all my boyfriends have been over 6 foot)

GOOD HAIR (every single one of them had good, untouchable hair!)

Dark hair and pale skin

Long facial features

Good style

Good taste (exactly like mine!)

Good taste in women (this is important to me. My hubby's ultimate crush is Jane Russell and he *loathes* Maxim-type women!)

Originality and creativeness and the ability to see past BS (hence his aversion to Maxim chicks).

Sense of humour and a childlike personality.

Sometimes a bit of sarcasm and smart-a$$ery will win my heart (hence my huge crushes on Billy Haines and Peter Serafinowicz).

BRITISH!!! They are different than American men and I prefer them.

Supportive of me and my obsessions with various odd things.

Glasses! Used to be mad for glasses, but I can give or take them now. Hubby still rocks the 60s glasses.

Appreciation and understanding of history -- even the "un-PC" aspects of it. I can't put up with a crybaby. My hubby re-enacts SS and doesn't have a racist bone in his body (and he's part Jewish!) People who cry about that or jump to conclusions need to get away from me.

Good taste in music.

He doesn't have to be the smartest guy on the planet. Lord knows I'm not the smartest gal!! I just like a goofy guy who will make me laugh. Seriousness and pseudo-intellect are turnoffs.

One thing my hubby is not is whimsical. He likes to plan things whereas I like to do stuff on the spur. That's where we don't match up, but that's ok lol

Love this! Sounds just like my hubby, minus the hair and the British part. ;)
We have our serious sides, too (I think I'm a bit too serious for him sometimes), but he cheers me right up with his silliness. And I love how he's always whisting some vintage tune. And not afraid to laugh at himself! That's important.
I especially agree on the history bit. Maybe that's why we think Black Adder is so funny.

swinggal

One Too Many
metropd said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinggal

- Intelligent
- Funny (I like spontaneous people with a crazy SOH)
- romantic
- kind-hearted
- stylish
- worldly
- loves to learn and travel
- taller than me or same height
- passionate about the things he likes
- similar values and ideals

IMHO, This is the best list of qualities I have ever heard from a lady to look for in a man. :eusa_clap

Why thank you metropod.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Love a man that makes fun of himself. Majour plus. Especially if he's into something fringe-y (like vintage), doesn't take it too seriously, and REALISES that *he* is the odd man, not the rest of society lol Nothing is uglier than a crybaby. ;)

My hubby is more of the "rockabilly" type and his humour and strong attitude for his look just melts my heart.

Edward

Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:
Love a man that makes fun of himself. Majour plus. Especially if he's into something fringe-y (like vintage), doesn't take it too seriously, and REALISES that *he* is the odd man, not the rest of society lol Nothing is uglier than a crybaby. ;)

:eusa_clap

Little worse than a partner that can't take a joke at their own expense, especially when they're very ready to dish them out at yours. Been there.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
:eusa_clap

Little worse than a partner that can't take a joke at their own expense, especially when they're very ready to dish them out at yours. Been there.

Totally. My hubby and I call each other vulgar names all the time. And "stupid"!! lol He tells me I dress like an old lady. I tell him he has big ears. I always bust on his ears!!!

Making fun of each other is the ULTIMATE show of affection in my world. If I'm not comfortable to call you a bad word and/or I don't feel comfortable with BEING CALLED something vile by you then it ain't working out.

Of course, I realize this is something you have to build up to. I wouldn't go calling a guy "stupid" on a first date :D

HepKitty

One Too Many
Miss Scarlet said:
I agree, I just don't find blonde men attrative. It sounds silly and superficial, but I think because I have red hair, if I go out with a blonde man it won't go as well as someone who has brown hair...how ridiculous, but I think that's why I generally don't fancy blondes.

I have to say I love reading people's lists because it does sound like a shopping list and very well thought out. It's funny how we can all make criteria, but a lot of time you end up falling in love with someone who doesn't match the list...such is life.

Edward I definately agree that too much is placed on romance and being in love when it comes to relationships. I look for an element of practicality in a relationship and think where do I want to be in so many years and will my other half accomodate it. Similarly I like to know where he wants to be and see if I can accomodate.

me, I don't care for red hair on men. on women it's fine, you specifically are gorgeous how you are. it's ridiculous but I don't find it attractive on men. any other hair color is fine. I wouldn't rule one out though, a long time ago I did actually have a boyfriend with red hair

you're right we can make up whatever list we want but fall in love with someone who only has a few of those characteristics if any. humans, such silly creatures!

agreed. find a balance between the practical and romantic/emotional, it's really hard to dig yourself out of holes sometimes by not having been practical enough in the first place

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Totally. My hubby and I call each other vulgar names all the time. And "stupid"!! lol He tells me I dress like an old lady. I tell him he has big ears. I always bust on his ears!!!

Making fun of each other is the ULTIMATE show of affection in my world. If I'm not comfortable to call you a bad word and/or I don't feel comfortable with BEING CALLED something vile by you then it ain't working out.

Of course, I realize this is something you have to build up to. I wouldn't go calling a guy "stupid" on a first date :D
ah, the old schoolyard stone throwing. "I don't know how to express these strange feelings I have for that pretty girl so I'll chuck a rock at her to get her attention" lol

You know she likes you back if she throws a rock at you on a separate occasion. Retaliation counts, but having a boulder tossed you unbidden really means something ;)

Swinggal, aside from the height one (sorry, that one nobody has control over--well, not without extensive, expensive and possibly life-altering surgery that depends on technologies not totally ready for Prime Time yet), and adding a note to the values thing about "or tolerance of some degree of ideological difference", I'd say you've pretty much written a list of what men should aim to be, period.

Too bad we can't trade heights...

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
VitaminG said:
ah, the old schoolyard stone throwing. "I don't know how to express these strange feelings I have for that pretty girl so I'll chuck a rock at her to get her attention" lol

You know she likes you back if she throws a rock at you on a separate occasion. Retaliation counts, but having a boulder tossed you unbidden really means something ;)

Nothing like this. My husband knows how to express his feelings perfectly. We are just 100% comfortable with each other and I find that to be the ULTIMATE in a relationship.

I also like this quality in friends. I call my friend Candace all kinds of terrible names. And vice versa. The first day I met my friend Robin she called me a "whore." I was smitten!! lol

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Wearing History - "Maybe that's why we think Black Adder is so funny."

OK, I must be shallow and add to my list of preffereds in a man - "Must find Black Adder funny".

Always nice to see fellow fans! :D

@ Edward - Same here - went on for too long in my case, but MUCH better now. Guess my future guy may have to understand that, at some point. It's kind of a flag that says "How Nature says 'Do Not Touch' early in a relationship... ;)

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Nothing like this. My husband knows how to express his feelings perfectly. We are just 100% comfortable with each other and I find that to be the ULTIMATE in a relationship.

I also like this quality in friends. I call my friend Candace all kinds of terrible names. And vice versa. The first day I met my friend Robin she called me a "whore." I was smitten!! lol
I know just what you mean. My wife & friends are the same. We figure, if we didn't like ya, we wouldn't waste our best insults on ya! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner