Ladies show us your best.

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Matt Deckard, Oct 1, 2003.

1. imoldfashioned

imoldfashioned Call Me a Cab

Men really do have their heads in the sand and are missing a trick by just 'not caring' about their appearance in jeans and tee shirts! Its also pretty disrespectful to their partners, when we gals make a big effort to look good (for ourselves but also for them!).

If they just appreciated how downright gorgeous and head turning they'd be by wearing a classy suit and tie & also how rebellious in today's dress down society.

2. MarieAnne

MarieAnne Practically Family

Oh my gosh, you are adorable!

3. MarieAnne

Thanks ladies,you're too sweet!

GHT—The dress has an empire waist with piping in the (empire) seam. I would have to separate the top, bottom, piping, and zipper to let the dress out. It's tightest just above the diaphragm, which is where the empire seam is located. I guess women in the 50's didn't do a whole lot of lat pull-downs. I do quite a bit of sewing, and I would rather make a replica than tamper with this little gem. It's red velvet and absolutely pristine. The fabric is not soiled or faded, and the velvet isn't even crushed!

4. fashion frank

fashion frank One Too Many

I've got over 25 suits but boy I got suit envy looking at your mans suit.

You don't see many pinstripes in brown that suit is the cats meow !

All The Best ,Fashion Frank

5. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Have to agree with you Frank, I have a similar suit, it got so much attention at my God-daughter's wedding that my wife had to remind the photographer just whose happy day it was.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  6. wahine

wahine Practically Family

My auntie was busy again: she altered a dress for me that a friend's friend gave me and that might very well become my summer favorite.
    It's light as a feather, cotton top and rayon lining, with a pussy bow.
    Oh, and it has half long sleeves - I forgot to take a picture without the cardi.
    [​IMG]

7. cakesandcakes

cakesandcakes New in Town

This is so gorgeous! I love that fur cape. I have a similar one, and every time I wear it people can't seem to resist petting me. I'll have to find a reason to bring it out again before it gets to warm.

8. Kathleen'sMeg43

Kathleen'sMeg43 New in Town

9. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Looking good everyone! I haven't dresses 40s in a while (been doing 60s and 70s a lot lately). I went out like this last night and nothing but compliments!

[​IMG]

10. MarieAnne

Very nice! That is the skirt you made, correct?

11. WifeyRobinson

WifeyRobinson New in Town

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    My many different looks and one of my fiancé's

12. fgradowski

fgradowski One of the Regulars

I had a good day today. First time wearing this dress today and my scarf was my great grandma's, 100% silk!
    10-1 (2).jpg

13. AvavanBlythe

AvavanBlythe Familiar Face

I absolutely love that shade of blue! The pattern on your dress is just right. Not too busy and adds character. :)

14. fgradowski

Thank you. The pattern is sort of odd, hard to describe. I guess it's a sort of geometric pattern of green, white, and navy.

15. CaramelSmoothie

CaramelSmoothie Practically Family

Question:

What do you ladies wear underneath sheer blouses? I have been finding a lot of beautiful blouses lately but unfortunately they are sheer. I'm thinking of maybe just a one piece shapewear underneath but just wanted to seek out any alternatives.

16. Gracie Lee

Gracie Lee A-List Customer

I usually wear a vintage camisole or slip under sheer blouses or dresses. Target carries camisoles that are a good approximation, usually in beige and black. I avoid wearing anything too tight because it doesn't give me the look I like.

17. fgradowski

I have to show off this novelty print. It's the best novelty print I have ever seen. (other than atomic giraffes!) These a blue and pink squirrels!!
    Squirrels 1.jpg
    Squirrels close up.jpg

18. Mojito

Mojito One Too Many

ChinoiserieDress_zps79407a68.jpg
    Lovely early 1920s beaded dress I bought recently (and a rather grim expression on my part, I'm afraid!). The beaded motif on this has quite subtle colour shadings, and is lovely and sinuous.

19. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^
    Mojito, you look amazing!

20. Mojito

Mojito One Too Many

Thank you, Stray Cat! I was hugely amused when I saw the photos my friend took, as I have the same intensly serious expression in all of them.