Ladies show us your best.

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Matt Deckard, Oct 1, 2003.

1. :clap: :clap::clap:

2. scarlett

scarlett One of the Regulars

I don't know why people don't post here more either. I don't, because I'm a bit too lazy to take the pics in the first place, sorry. You look great in your outfits and your glasses. Are the glasses vintage? They are a perfect fit with your face.

3. fgradowski

fgradowski One of the Regulars

Thank you. They are vintage! I posted them in a thread that was about vintage eyewear. My mom hates them. Haha.

4. Megan Steigerwalt-Guise

Megan Steigerwalt-Guise New in Town

Great outfits ladies! I'm new to the forum but here are some of my favorite outfits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Swing Motorman

Swing Motorman One of the Regulars

If I may chime in, ladies... :yo:

First, welcome to Megan, and well done on making a lovely entrance! And to fgradowski as well, you both wear your favorites well and take fine pictures.

I second Scarlett's comment, it'd be nice if this thread was busier. Speaking as a less knowledgable guy with a steady gal, I think everyone on the Lounge could benefit from some ideas to share with our better halves. I hesitate to just poke around The Powder Room to learn useful bits of ladies' fashion... but seeing everything put together here is helpful. Not to mention the folks here make even fine art look sloppy!

6. scarlett

scarlett One of the Regulars

Megan, you've got a great style. The green color is absolutely beautiful on you.

7. babygirl...

babygirl... One of the Regulars

Beautiful taste ladies,,just beautiful! I myself have always adored Jackie O and Audrey H. I am in the process of totally converting my wardrobe thanks to the many thrift stores around! :) will post up some pics as soon as I find a good camera that doesn't break the bank or to put it more likely...dip into my clothing allowance..lol!

8. fgradowski

Here's another of my favorite outfits accompanied by a good hair day. This dress was made later on, but was definitely made off of a vintage pattern.

1511237_10202053786579568_942578315_n.jpg

9. Brother cavefish

Brother cavefish Banned

wow you ladies look fine, todays fashion has nothing on the old days

10. Brother cavefish

Brother cavefish Banned

this dress is great, the glasses and hair amazing

11. wahine

wahine Practically Family

Megan, I love that turquoise/blue dress, looks great on you!
    Fgradowski, you are a real doll, that flower dress is very becoming.

12. imoldfashioned

imoldfashioned Call Me a Cab

So many wonderful ideas in here! Dangerous for my purse :) Still ... It's good to live dangerously at times..!

13. MarieAnne

MarieAnne Practically Family

Here we are at a wedding this summer! My husband's suit is vintage and so is my dress. They were purchased at Ragtime Vintage Clothing in Ottawa (everything together was less than $300). That dress was SOOO tight! Because of the perfect condition it is in, I'm afraid to alter it. I spent the later part of the evening wearing my stole (to hide the fact that the back was partially unzipped!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lily Powers

Lily Powers Practically Family

Handsome couple without a doubt, and you are especially adorable. Hope the venue wasn't too warm for your "cover up."

15. wahine

wahine Practically Family

You look so great together, both quite a looker! I understand your hesitation to alter a vintage piece that's in a good condition. It's not an easy decision to make...

16. imoldfashioned

imoldfashioned Call Me a Cab

A very pretty/handsome couple!

17. TheSacredFemme

TheSacredFemme One of the Regulars

No dress find from me today, but I felt like this my first "proper" hat deserved to be shown off in all its glory!

1969364_3998065686222_1300980198_n.jpg

(I was excited to get asked to be photographed at the fair I purchased it from.)

18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

You both look fabulous, truly. Looking at both of you, and the style of the clothes, as a couple you compliment your attire. Classy, sophisticated, confident. As I said, fabulous. If your dress has side seems, it's not that difficult to unpick them and then sew them back to create a little more width, allowing your zip to fasten. If you are afraid of damaging your dress, get an expert to help, but I promise, it's not that difficult.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  19. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

So you should be, you look amazing. You wear that hat with panache.

20. fgradowski

MarieAnne---You guys look wonderful together! Wish I could get my guy to wear something other than jeans and a t-shirt.