Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
fortworthgal, I like your new avatar! So WASP, it's great! Keep'em Flying, victory is waiting on your wings!

Thanks! That picture is from last weekend at an airshow here in Ft Worth, a guy I know brought his AT6 out and let us do some shots on the plane. It was a blast! Unfortunately the flightline was wayyyyy across the airfield from our vehicles and our display with the B-25 and B17 - and we rode our bicycles over - so we weren't able to lug chutes or much gear over for the pictures. But we still had fun!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
This is me last year at an event:

zx4ld1.jpg

You'll have to excuse my hair and lack of makeup. We spent the entire 85-degree day outside on a military vehicle convoy along dusty roads, then fighting a battle, and then convoying back. Nobody had time to shower before dinner. Thank heaven for hats! lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
right now, I'd have to say this was my 'best'....having a suit made as we speak though, will have to show pics of it when it's done!;)
P1017475sm.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
*bump!*

Howdy! I just remembered this thread last night! I'd love to see you gals in your dresses! Anyone got any pics to share?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
okay Matt, you kabumped this thread, sooo... I've posted these here and there, but here's some all in one place. All of these are vintage garments and hats, and almost all of the accessories are vintage too.

The picture with my wearing the little Chinese blouse, red late 30s hat, and the mens' 30s tuxedo pants (I had them tailored to fit me) has me smiling because it was my first vintage hairstyle! Compare my hair with the pic of my wearing the green hat and the pink print dress. The last pic shows another vintage hairstyle (all sets done by the same vintage-specializing hairstylist in SF that some ADSC ladies told me to see- BEST thing I've done to get that 'true' vintage look going ).

killer hat, no vintage eyeglasses yet...
359763381.jpg

navy blue and white print dress with illusion net at top of bodice
359518268.jpg
359518266.jpg

the very first vintage dress I bought
358982573.jpg

first vintage hairdo, love these tux pants!
361643633.jpg

fabulous studded 40s dress, found on evilBay
364650276.jpg
364649061.jpg

my one vintage little black cocktail dress with studs
362670463.jpg
362688693.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
and a few more... in the the hairstyle pic that is my current avatar, the top in V-I, same for the R-L wool skirt in the last pic. All else is vintage.

gift of a 1930s dress(matching jacket not shown), worn with stole
364729135.jpg
364729124.jpg

day two of most recent vintage hairstyle
368599814.jpg
368614990.jpg

Memorial Day at SF Presidio ceremonies
365333786.jpg

this Tues evening at ASDC lecture
369011332.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I forgot about these from the ADSC Art Deco Ball in mid May... !!

My dress is vintage-inspired
364624027.jpg

closeup of vintage hairdo pic
364680950.jpg

daughter Sarah (15yo) in her vintage silk velvet gown with ermine trim
364900477.jpg

Here's a pic of our son Daniel (almost 13yo) in his V-I white tie and tails,
with our good deco friend and RJSO pianist Frederick Hodges- his tux is vintage.
Daniel's vintage beaver top hat was checked in the coat room by this point in the evening.
364900464.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Cherry_Bombb said:
I love this! I'm doing a tap act w/ ENSA and I'm looking for a cute retro pair of tap shoes. Do you remember where you found your tap shoes?

My tap shoes are from capezio called "manhatten heel" or something like that. The bows are from walmart in the bridal section.

Samantha

pigeon toe

One Too Many
This is my favorite dress right now. Sorry I don't have a full body shot! The print is just amazing though!

3626102178_1462a92b33_o.jpg

ChanteuseCarey, you have some AMAZING outfits. You look lovely in them!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Sorry this isn't the best pic, and you can't see the full dress, but this is a 1940s rayon dress and I am totally enamored of the fabric print! Unfortunately, it's not possible to see the beautiful little panels of tucking at the shoulders and hips... or the absolutely amazing black 40s platform heels and FF stockings I had on.

This photo was taken at the LUPEC (Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails) USO show fundraiser. I was there with girls from the roller derby league serving chocolates on rollerskates earlier in the evening :) The fellow in the horrible shirt is the owner of the chocolate shop.

n1045834490_210748_6778.jpg

Lauren

Here's some of the things I have (or have had) I would consider some of my best of favorites. Unfortunately I had to sell the orange knit suit and white suit because they didn't fit anymore. But someday I'll find another!

White rayon suit from Fashion Originators Guild. So sad this didn't fit anymore- it was one of my very favorites!
best01.jpg

50's white blouse and circle skirt with a dropped waist with gathers with little sombreros and bandanas on it. I just love this outfit! It's perfect for summer. We were at the Cabazon dinosaurs when this was taken.
best02.jpg

Early 20s black silk dress with embroidery and early 20s velvet hat
best03.jpg

Late teens to early 20s suit and hat
best04.jpg

30s orange knit suit. The other one I'm sad I didn't have anymore. *sniff sniff*
best05.jpg

Late 30s brown afternoon dress with large bronze buttons and buckle
best06.jpg

Late 30s to very early 40s negligee with rosette sleeves
best07.jpg

Late 30s orange wool overcoat with fur pockets and fun topstitching. The hat is 30s Dobbs green velour- one of my very favorites! My husband's pretty cute, too.
best08.jpg

V for Victory 1940s blue rayon dress. I just got V for Victory shoes to match, too!
best09.jpg

Not in focus, darn it! My very favorite coat- a green wool with Persian lamb accents and lantern sleeves from the 40s. And a 1939 world's fair persian lamb muff.
best10.jpg

Lauren

Mid 30s belted back linen jacket with trapunto collar and a 30s white hat
best11.jpg

Late 30s to early 40s chenille butterfly swimsuit and chenille cape
best12.jpg

Crazy late teens to early 20s velvet hat
best13.jpg

And my wedding dress! Yay! From 1907-1910ish
best14.jpg

Forum statistics