Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So tonight is going to be a treat as my husband will be home (he is mostly staying at the not-safe-for-a-toddler new house to work on it). We'll have left over tofu stir fry, I'll have help putting the daughter to bed (heck, he probably misses her so much I'll be lucky if I get a good night kiss from her as he hogs her attention as he puts her to bed), and we'll watch the last episode of 24.

Last night I was up until 3am trying to straighten out our bedroom, which took the brunt of neglect of 4 months of bed rest while I was pregnant, 9 months of cancer treatment after she was born, and 9 months of laziness/ recovery from all of that. I still have about a week's worth of my daughter's naps to get it into shape, including a small mountain of laundry which will be washed because I cannot tell what is clean or dirty. So tonight is a treat because after I put my daughter to bed I will be doing something other than scrubbing or folding. :)

ETA: Good news on the house Lizzie! Fingers crossed you'll make the closing costs.

Lolly- sorry to hear about your cat still having problems. I hope the double dose is just right.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just spent the two hours since I got home from work tearing the house apart looking for my paystubs from June, which I remember putting aside "in a safe place" but which have completely disappeared since. I found quite a few loose stubs going back as far as 2006, but the month of June has evaporated. The bank, therefore, will have to wait until Monday when our bookkeeper comes in next, to get copies.

We are now, with the clock striking twelve, just fifteen days from closing. If I survive that long.

WifeyRobinson

New in Town
So tonight is going to be a treat as my husband will be home (he is mostly staying at the not-safe-for-a-toddler new house to work on it). We'll have left over tofu stir fry, I'll have help putting the daughter to bed (heck, he probably misses her so much I'll be lucky if I get a good night kiss from her as he hogs her attention as he puts her to bed), and we'll watch the last episode of 24.

Last night I was up until 3am trying to straighten out our bedroom, which took the brunt of neglect of 4 months of bed rest while I was pregnant, 9 months of cancer treatment after she was born, and 9 months of laziness/ recovery from all of that. I still have about a week's worth of my daughter's naps to get it into shape, including a small mountain of laundry which will be washed because I cannot tell what is clean or dirty. So tonight is a treat because after I put my daughter to bed I will be doing something other than scrubbing or folding. :)

ETA: Good news on the house Lizzie! Fingers crossed you'll make the closing costs.

Lolly- sorry to hear about your cat still having problems. I hope the double dose is just right.

Just spent the two hours since I got home from work tearing the house apart looking for my paystubs from June, which I remember putting aside "in a safe place" but which have completely disappeared since. I found quite a few loose stubs going back as far as 2006, but the month of June has evaporated. The bank, therefore, will have to wait until Monday when our bookkeeper comes in next, to get copies.

We are now, with the clock striking twelve, just fifteen days from closing. If I survive that long.
I have been lurking and following and I wsh you the best of luck Lizzie!!
Last weekend was Brimfield, which here, is the largest antique fair in the country. The man and I went for nine hours one day and four the next. Apparently I pushed it waaaay to hard. My body has gone completely into shut own mode due to the chronic Lyme disease. I have constant fevers, joint pain, and nausea. This week I have already last five lbs. my clothes fit me very odd now and I'm about to need new corsets. The most alarming is my hair has begun to fall out, a typical Lyme treatment side affect but alarming none the less. tonight my man is bringing me home what he hopes will be something appetizing, some movies to distract me, and hopefully I can relax. The baby makes for a wonderful distraction. She talks more and more. She said Her first two word sentence yesterday so it's been very exciting. I'm off to try and rest. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^^^
Get well soon WifeyRobinson!

And Lizzie, 12 days to go, good luck!

It's a properly cold winters day here (well as much as an Australian winter can be) so this afternoon I'll start making Boeuf Bourguignon from Elizabeth David's recipe. Takes a few hours but is absolutely worth it. After dinner we'll watch a dvd. That's my exciting Saturday night :)

Mango update - she tolerated the extra insulin & is drinking less water, so I think we are on the right track.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Good to hear she's taking to the new regimen. Give her lots of cuddles so she'll associate her meds with good things.

WifeyR, the little one will be posting on the Lounge before you know it.

As for me, those pay stubs never did show up, and now I can't find my sunglasses either -- clip-ons which fit my regular specs -- and I don't dare to spend the money to buy new ones. It's always something.

But otherwise no major disasters or panic spells today -- well, unless something happens in the next forty-five minutes, and I'm planning to take tomorrow night off work to try and catch up with sleep. I've just dined on a baloney sandwich and a glass of water, and am about ready to hit the feathers.

MurderOfGoths

New in Town
I am spending the evening attempting to get my refluxy preemie daughter to sleep, though I suspect I've still got a few hours of screams left.

WifeyRobinson

New in Town
I am spending the evening attempting to get my refluxy preemie daughter to sleep, though I suspect I've still got a few hours of screams left.

Oh you poor dear!! I lucked out with both mind but I'm sending as many good vibes as I can!
On my end it's been a rough couple days. I've been extremely ill due to my antibiotics. I've been losing my hair and dropping tons of weight (which I mean I can afford to lose but not this fast) so the determination was made that I would be switch to Iv antibiotics. I will have a PICC line inserted next week. I'm extremely nervous about the procedure although I have had it done twice before because it's extremely painful when it's placed. I am also stressed because it will be for at least three months which is...a loooooong time when you are in the theater and a stay at home parent. So my stress level is through the roof while I wait for all the insurance approvals to come through so we can set up the procedure.....waiting is not my strong suit...and while I wait they keep me on the oral antibiotics so I'm sick...yeah just fun. So needless to say I'm just stressed lol

St. Louis

Practically Family
I hope everyone finds relief from all their discomfort soon. Sending good wishes to all.

I worked hard today & struck a lot of things off the old to-do list, and did not lose my temper with a grumpy friend, so I get a nice glass of chocolate ovaltine. Best nerve tonic in the world.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Oh yum Ovaltine :)

It's morning here, but yesterday evening I had an enjoyable time trying on old clothes that I haven't fit into for about 4 years (all this portion control & healthy eating is slowly paying off). I'm now wearing a lovely pair of black wide legged trousers & a 40s style knitted top & I'm off to do the shopping. I hope everyone has a great evening :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My loan has gone to the USDA for approval, so it's basically hurry up and wait and hope that my main writing client sends me my next check before the 31st so I'll have enough for the closing. Closing is tentatively set for a week from tomorrow at 2pm. I'm less nervous than I was only because I don't have any nerves left that haven't been stretched to infinity.

Today I set up two new films for the weekend, adjusted the digital projector -- which is not easy to do when you're trying to get used to new lenses in your glasses and can barely see -- had a talk with one of my theatre kids about not having friends hanging around when she's supposed to be working, and treated the wounds of a local street kid who ripped up his elbow doing a skateboard stunt in front of the theatre. I suggested he go to the emergency room and get it looked at but he can't because his mom threw him out of the house and took him off the insurance for being gay. Feel the love, America. We've Come So Far.

A full day, in other words, but no check in the mailbox. I've just finished my salami sandwich supper, and once it settles, I'm off to bed.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I am treating myself to a glass of zevia and some potato chips as a reward for working on straightening up the bedroom of doom. Almost done.

I will have a PICC line inserted next week. I'm extremely nervous about the procedure although I have had it done twice before because it's extremely painful when it's placed. I am also stressed because it will be for at least three months which is...a loooooong time when you are in the theater and a stay at home parent.

For three months have they discussed putting in a port?

I had one for my chemo (which was 5 months of active chemo), and it is really not that bad- I had mine in for 14 months. They can do it under local, while you're awake. I had mine taken out under local in my surgeon's office (it went in while I was under for my cancer surgery), and didn't even need over the counter pain meds after. (I needed a port with a line directly to my heart because one of the chemos I was on, Doxorubicin, burns out veins in high concentrations and therefore has to go direct to the heart.)

Mine was a Power Port, and it worked really well. Although I have to warn you, you will scar badly from a port. I have quite the scar from it- the worst of my three scars from my cancer journey. It's also in the most obvious place of the three. Good excuse for a tattoo next year. Also, accessing a port is not the most fun thing.

So maybe I shouldn't talk you into a port. Bad idea. Never mind. :)

WifeyRobinson

New in Town
Tonight I am treating myself to a glass of zevia and some potato chips as a reward for working on straightening up the bedroom of doom. Almost done.

For three months have they discussed putting in a port?

I had one for my chemo (which was 5 months of active chemo), and it is really not that bad- I had mine in for 14 months. They can do it under local, while you're awake. I had mine taken out under local in my surgeon's office (it went in while I was under for my cancer surgery), and didn't even need over the counter pain meds after. (I needed a port with a line directly to my heart because one of the chemos I was on, Doxorubicin, burns out veins in high concentrations and therefore has to go direct to the heart.)

Mine was a Power Port, and it worked really well. Although I have to warn you, you will scar badly from a port. I have quite the scar from it- the worst of my three scars from my cancer journey. It's also in the most obvious place of the three. Good excuse for a tattoo next year. Also, accessing a port is not the most fun thing.

So maybe I shouldn't talk you into a port. Bad idea. Never mind. :)
A port wasn't discussed for many of the reasons you brought up plus one more, my tiny one year old. I think in the long run the picc line will be best the whole is just stressful lol. I appreciate the support ladies. I am still in a holding pattern with insurance here. Glad to see you are moving forward Lizzie!!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A port wasn't discussed for many of the reasons you brought up plus one more, my tiny one year old. I think in the long run the picc line will be best the whole is just stressful lol.

I had mine in when my daughter was six weeks old, got it out when she was 15 months. It lies below the skin entirely, although she would occasionally grab it and pull. Quite amusing. She hasn't touched that spot since, though!

Good luck with getting the PICC line and I hope your daughter leaves it alone! :)

WifeyRobinson

New in Town
I had mine in when my daughter was six weeks old, got it out when she was 15 months. It lies below the skin entirely, although she would occasionally grab it and pull. Quite amusing. She hasn't touched that spot since, though!

Good luck with getting the PICC line and I hope your daughter leaves it alone! :)
I'm still in a holding pattern unfortunately, but I appreciate the support. Blogging today and once again attempting my sewing projects when my vertigo isn't on the fritz. I feel the sewing would go better if I had a machine lol but oh well.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
This evening we are having a Christmas in July dinner.
I know Christmas in July was poo-pooed in other threads on this forum, but in the southern hemisphere it makes perfect sense (its winter here, we never get to have a proper hot Christmas dinner in December - it's usually 90f or higher at that time of the year). We'll be having a 3 bird roast and lots of veg side dishes and Christmas pud for dessert. Looking forward to it.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Lolly_Loisides, I'd never heard of this until I watched an episode of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries a few weeks ago. I can understand wanting a traditional cold Christmas so I'm not one who'll poo-poo the idea. I spent a couple of Christmases on Caribbean islands and somehow it just isn't the same yuletide feeling when the weather is balmy.

Tonight I watched the first episode of the new - and sadly final - season of Poirot. It was rather startling to see how much Poirot, Inspector (now Assistant Commissioner) Japp, Captain Hastings, and Miss Lemon had all aged. I started watching the series back in 1989, so they aren't the only ones who've aged. :D

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I am looking forward to some mindless TV with my daughter, gorging myself on potato chips, and drinking too much soda; while my house falls into a disorganized mess of toys and filth around me. Hopefully I can find a stupid sitcom or drama or something that I can make fun of. Maybe one of those Kissy Vampire Shows.

I lost a dear friend suddenly and unexpectedly last Thursday and I am still entirely in shock, disbelief, and mourning. Had a girl friend who took me out Saturday to distract me and my husband was here Friday and Sunday nights, but tonight it is just me and my daughter. I'm a little bit afraid of what a mess I'm going to be after I put her to bed. :(

So I think the minute she goes to sleep I'll go to bed too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk