Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

rue

I'd love to get up, but quite honestly the few times I've set up (I'm not allowed to sit up except in the car on the way to the doctors) more than a half an hour I feel horrible the next day- you use quite a few muscles to sit up!

I'd like to prevent the little one from being too engrossed in screens. There's a lot of research that shows that any screen time is bad for babies under 2. A couple of years ago a major pediatric organization recommended zero screen time for those under 2, but parents really criticized the organization and they changed it to 2 hours or less... so we're packing up the television for the next couple of years. We have two houses to finish restoring and a new baby and I go right back to work (at home) as soon as the baby is born... so we will have no time for it anyways.

I figure if the baby is awake, we shouldn't be plopping in front of the TV and if the baby is asleep, we ought to be sleeping ourselves. I know a couple of people who just plop their newborns in front of the TV with them and it bothers me a bit, I'd feel like I'd get too engrossed and not pay enough attention to the baby. It's just a personal thing.

I didn't think about that. I can imagine it would be tiring though.

I wasn't judging, I was just curious :) Anyway, I think it's a good idea!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I didn't think about that. I can imagine it would be tiring though.

I wasn't judging, I was just curious :) Anyway, I think it's a good idea!

Oh, no, I didn't think you were judging. :) It's just a personal choice about the TV, and I don't want people to think that I think they're bad parents if they have a TV when they have a baby... it's just I think I could be a bad parent if I had it.

I'm actually surprised at how out of shape I am. I kind of expected some of it, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I think I'm going to ask my OB for a referral to physical therapy.

rue

Oh, no, I didn't think you were judging. :) It's just a personal choice about the TV, and I don't want people to think that I think they're bad parents if they have a TV when they have a baby... it's just I think I could be a bad parent if I had it.

I'm actually surprised at how out of shape I am. I kind of expected some of it, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I think I'm going to ask my OB for a referral to physical therapy.

I understand completely :)

It sounds like you should. I hope he/she gives it to you.

vintageTink

One Too Many

When I was pregnant with Son 2, my pelvic bones separated and shifted. They sent me to physical therapy and they had me walk on a treadmill in what looked like a giant aquarium. I felt like I was in a fish tank. LOL
I loved that thing.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
When I was pregnant with Son 2, my pelvic bones separated and shifted. They sent me to physical therapy and they had me walk on a treadmill in what looked like a giant aquarium. I felt like I was in a fish tank. LOL
I loved that thing.

I see an osteopath but because I'm high risk, she won't touch anything in that area until I am full term. It really really hurts and I'm sorry you experienced that because I know exactly what you went through! I'm on bed rest so it isn't too bad because I hardly move, but when I do, ACK! (Although, I don't think I have the shifting, just the separation. Which is still incredibly painful.)

I was totally telling my husband the other day that what I want is aqua therapy. Like put me in a big jacuzzi with warm water and let me swim. I'd go to the pool after the birth but I'm afraid I'd get in the deep end and run out of steam and drown or collapse in the changing room. It seems like the weightlessness, warmth, and resistance combined would be really helpful (along with someone telling me what to do and making sure I'm not sinking). The treadmill in the pool sounds wonderful! Maybe I can ask specifically about that.

Ok, I have now entirely hijacked this thread.

Tonight we are watching Dowtown Abbey and having 5 Guys Burgers (and fries).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I have now entirely hijacked this thread.
Tonight we are watching Dowtown Abbey and having 5 Guys Burgers (and fries).
You haven't hijacked the thread at all. Wishing you well.
Tonight, my lady has gone to the book club. The Book Club is a euphemism for a girls night out.
She retired from a lifetime as a paramedic, last November, her colleagues put on one hell of a
retirement party. Now the girls at work still invite her out when they want one of their get togethers.
Probably because my wife rarely touches alcohol. She just text me to say that she is dropping off two
former work friends, adding that the pair of them are worse for wear.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thinking lots of good thoughts your way. You sound very brave to me. Hang in there!

Thank you.:) I am a lot more relaxed than I was a few weeks ago. It's less braveness and more fear that has kept me going, but I'll take what I can get- I've held on weeks longer than my doctor expected and I plan to keep going. :D My husband deserves a medal though for staying so positive and being my personal "ladies maid" "cook" and "butler" through everything.

You haven't hijacked the thread at all. Wishing you well.
Tonight, my lady has gone to the book club. The Book Club is a euphemism for a girls night out.
She retired from a lifetime as a paramedic, last November, her colleagues put on one hell of a
retirement party. Now the girls at work still invite her out when they want one of their get togethers.
Probably because my wife rarely touches alcohol. She just text me to say that she is dropping off two
former work friends, adding that the pair of them are worse for wear.

Thank you. :) If you're the DD you always have lots of friends I've noticed. ;) Of course, I am sure that your wife is wonderfully charming and good company and they'd invite her even if she imbibed... but she is a very good friend to make sure they get home safe!

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Good luck, sheeplady, with the bed rest and future sheepperson ;)

Tonight, we watched Iron Empress (a Korean drama we're hooked on), at kielbasa, sauerkraut, roasted veg, and topped it off with hazelnut gelato (yum!). I'm about to set my hair and Mahagonny Bill is downstairs doing his evening chores. When he returns, we'll watch one episode of Campion.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good luck, sheeplady, with the bed rest and future sheepperson ;)

Tonight, we watched Iron Empress (a Korean drama we're hooked on), at kielbasa, sauerkraut, roasted veg, and topped it off with hazelnut gelato (yum!). I'm about to set my hair and Mahagonny Bill is downstairs doing his evening chores. When he returns, we'll watch one episode of Campion.

Your comment made me laugh out loud- "sheepperson" hahaha! And your meal is making my mouth water! :)

Lenore

Practically Family
Tonight, I'm sitting here catching up on all that I've missed on the Lounge for the past few...okay, many!..months! I missed you guys!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm actually off bedrest as of this past Saturday! I've been out of the house twice since then, have sat up to eat (and in a chair) for the first time in 4 months, and have even been shopping! Granted, I can't walk very far before I really start hurting and I'm pathetically slow, but every time I go out I am so proud of myself. I would like to try to go to a movie next, but that's a longer walk to the theatre (in a mall) and I wouldn't have a cart to lean on. The husband has been a darling taking me wherever I wish to go and following me around the store while I slowly mosey through.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Tonight I reorganized my Linen closet...a project I have put off for FAAAR too long. But, it was very satisfying..I can't stop opening the door to peek in. :D

Now, i am sitting up in bed watching David Letterman. Turning out the light soon, and snuggling under my down duvet. Thats Friday night..what a thrilling life I lead :whoo:

JessKelly

New in Town
Olive, we'll be exciting together. I read a bit of a gardening book, am catching up on the FL, and then tomorrow I work another 12 hour shift.

Thats Friday night..what a thrilling life I lead :whoo:

I'll be exciting too.

I bought a dress which had a gorgeous cut and beautiful matte silk fabric but was absolutely covered, almost every square inch, in beads. This makes it a little too noticeable to wear lots of times and in lots of situations without someone saying “Oh you’re in THAT dress again.” So I'm picking them off. One by one. Over a very long period of time. Then I need to bake something: we've been given so many apricots and we just picked the peaches from our tree.

Baking and snipping off beads. I know how to spend a Saturday night ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points