Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

St. Louis

Practically Family
Two slices of cold pizza for dinner while ignoring the dust everywhere, planning my next 1940s dress project, then a nice phone chat with the (apparently) only other Golden-Era-lifer in St. Louis, and now back to watching Father Brown.

Though today I did plant a small tree in my back yard and also did a backbreaking amount of weeding.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Just finished dinner, folded a load of laundry, started another load. Calm before the storm here. Almost time to put my daughter to bed. She doesn't think she needs sleep. I strongly disagree. If I hide do you think she'll put herself to bed?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The in-laws are out this weekend (they live in Seattle) and an Uncle and Aunt are down from near the border of Canada. So tonight my husband and I are relaxing after he and his father spent the day jacking up a floor in the new house and his uncle, cousin, and I spent the day planting 9 fruit trees and 11 nut trees. We came home after an excellent buffet dinner, and are watching Svengoolie. I plan on having an Izzie grapefruit soda with popcorn soon to top it off.

Interestingly enough, our daughter also refused to go to sleep. Fortunately, she's only 15 months, so her will is less strong than mine. In a few months I fear the tables will turn.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Spent Mothers day with an elderly relative who has dementia. She loves the company of family, but I guarantee she won't remember we went there when I call her tomorrow (sigh).
Now I'm home, I'm thinking of some comfort food for dinner & a pre code movie.

Flicka

One Too Many
Last evening I spent in the delightful company of Trent Reznor and his merry men at a NIN show. After the show, my sister and I went home to have coffee with my mother.

I rock so hard these days it's almost ridiculous. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Took a long road trip today in my '41 Dodge with one of the kids from work -- stopped for lunch at the state park in my home town, hiked thru the woods for a while, and then proceeded on to the biggest used bookstore in the state where we went berzerk for about two hours. Came back here, made a big dish of macaroni and cheese and ate supper while listening to Jack Benny. I don't often get days off, but when I do I make the most of them.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I am researching my new phone, we are watching 24, and I am going to have some popcorn later on. Dinner tonight was at the cafe at Wegmans (a grocery store with soup and sandwiches made to order in their cafe as well as a small buffet).

Good appointment at the oncologist today for so many reasons, I might even celebrate with a little wine. :)

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Good appointment at the oncologist today for so many reasons, I might even celebrate with a little wine. :)

That's great news! Congratulations. Have that wine :)

Me, I'll be making a savoury pie with leftover corned beef, cabbage & white sauce and I'll be watching the (Australian) Federal Budget tonight (because I'm a political tragic) given what's been leaked about it, I'll probably need a glass of wine to drown my sorrows.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's great news! Congratulations. Have that wine :)

Me, I'll be making a savoury pie with leftover corned beef, cabbage & white sauce and I'll be watching the (Australian) Federal Budget tonight (because I'm a political tragic) given what's been leaked about it, I'll probably need a glass of wine to drown my sorrows.

Well, at least you're not planning on needing a case to drown your sorrows... so it is better than it could be! ;) But the night is young...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Little one went to bed with no fuss (!!!), hubby is killing hordes of Mayans online, so I'm crocheting & catching up on a few tv shows. Not used to so much "free time". And it is still light out here. Lovely evening. Only thing that would make it more perfect would be ice cream, which hubby ate the last of. Boo.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Had lunch/supper at the local burger place after the matinee with one of the kids from work, and then we took a ride out to the shore where we climbed over the rocks and watched ducks fight until we got exhausted. I did this in heeled oxfords, which is something that's probably never been done by anyone else in this century, but my ankles and I survived.

Have to be up early tomorrow for a visit from our surly projection engineer, who will be installing some new equipment, so I'm going to bed early to make sure I'm well-rested for that. He always smells like sauerkraut, so I just ran to the drug store to pick up some Vapo-rub to stick up my nose so I won't be overcome by his fumes.

Shantel Morris

New in Town
Tonight i'm lounging in bed with my computer and reading through the last few months of FL posts that i've missed since our internet was out of commission. I've been trying to teach myself to sew and i'm hoping to make some baby clothes for a coworker who is due with her first in a couple of months. So far i've managed to stab myself (twice!) while changing the needle on my machine, and i've sewn a small zipper-less makeup bag as a tester. I'm about to head to sleep as i've got an early start in the morning.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night: put kid to bed with minimal fuss (Mama wins!), and ate a caramel sundae (extra whipped cream) with my hubby while watching Mad Men. It was almost like a date. Cool!

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good news. :thumb:

Tonight is acroyoga!
What is that?
No, REALLY: what is "acroyoga"? (pardon me, I'm foreign) :D

As for me, I have a tendency toward being utterly lazy.
Most of my evenings end up the same: listening to radio, watching a documentary.. or writing the letters/journal entries. I usually blame my work hours for that, since I start work at 7:00 AM and I must sleep for a solid 8 hours.. that leaves little time in the actual evening.
Lazy.. I told you. :doh:

Nora

New in Town
As for me, I have a tendency toward being utterly lazy.
Most of my evenings end up the same: listening to radio, watching a documentary.. or writing the letters/journal entries. I usually blame my work hours for that, since I start work at 7:00 AM and I must sleep for a solid 8 hours.. that leaves little time in the actual evening.
Lazy.. I told you. :doh:

Nothing wrong with having an evening routine, Stray Cat! That's scientifically proven to help you fall asleep faster!

As for me I'm planning to roll my hair early, perhaps make some cheat-frico, and then watch the debate, as it's most likely going to be quite interesting today. Farmers are blocking egg-packeries because they're a bit mad at the new minister, who quite honestly is being rather silly!

...And of course nibble a bit on these chocolates mum found in her backpack after her train-trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21