Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands End trousers?

matei

One Too Many
In my seach for vintage-esque high rise trousers in my size, I have heard Land's End mentioned occasionally.

Are their high-waisted trousers any good? They appear to offer them in some nice material, with a high-waist option (I forget their wording).

When we lived in the US I would order from Lands End from time to time. Some of their products were quite nice, others not so...

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Land's End

The Land's End trowsers I have owned have all been the long rise option. They do sit higher when compared to the usual GAP type offering, but not belly-button high.

For me, Land's End stuff wears like iron. I still have some cotton twills that are ten years old and have been worn weekly. They still look sharp. Most of my oxford shirts are from them, and again, pretty good stuff for every day hard wear.

Their ties seem overpadded and over priced. And the whole operation is questionable since Sears bought them up. The catalog is now full of "no iron" claptrap.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Last night, I got some older Land's End 100% wool pants from my grandfather - they were my uncle's, but he couldn't wear them any more. They're 40 waist, which I was thinking would be too tight on me, but they fit decently and come up to about my navel or so. I figure if they were 41s or so they'd be even better (or if I lost a little more weight), but for free I won't be complaining. :)

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
matei said:
When we lived in the US I would order from Lands End from time to time. Some of their products were quite nice, others not so...

Lands' End does the basics very well. I've been wearing their trousers and oxford shirts for 20 years. The shirts wear like iron. The trousers, well, it depends on the material and fit. I am a fan of their year-rounders and gabs - all long rise.

I would stay away from their novelty/trendy items. My experiences with some of their knits have been mixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo