Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langenberg / Beaver Brands

Worth, Ten X Quality. Not mine ...

1666890884332.png

1666891016873.png

1666891057160.png

1666891034025.png

I am curious as to why you buy all these to small for you hats.
Is it just to post them here to resale?
No harm meant...just wondering.

Occasionally, I’ll send one off the be re-blocked to my size. The hat has to be something special for that. Most of the time I sell them on. My goal was to have a self supporting hat hobby, but while I have made a decent profit on most, I’m still out of pocket as my tastes are expensive. I post them here and frequently sell or trade to other members, but mostly they go on eBay. I also lose money on more than a few.

Occasionally, I’ll send one off the be re-blocked to my size. The hat has to be something special for that. Most of the time I sell them on. My goal was to have a self supporting hat hobby, but while I have made a decent profit on most, I’m still out of pocket as my tastes are expensive. I post them here and frequently sell or trade to other members, but mostly they go on eBay. I also lose money on more than a few.
I joke with my wife that whatever I spend on hats is still much much cheaper than golf!!!!

Last edited:
Worth, Ten X Quality. Not mine ...

View attachment 460358

This little tidbit was passed along to me recently. Note the "HPHC" initials in the Worth logo of the Langenberg / Beaver Brands era hat above.

They refer to the Harris-Polk Hat Company -- the St. Louis company that was the prior owner of the brand (along with the Keith and Thoroughbred brands). They merged with Langenberg at the end of 1938.

1922: (thanks @DaveProc)

1683897382975.png

Worth_HPHC_1.png

Worth_HPHC_2.jpg

Worth_HPHC_3.jpg

Worth_HPHC_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner