Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Cascade Unfit compared with TWC at last and Real Mccoys Buco J-31

Leigh H

Practically Family
Can you share a picture of the jacket laid flat like your friends.

That collar seems off.

Attachments

• 788780C3-C51D-41C1-8D4C-2A9B8D3CFDFD.jpeg
    788780C3-C51D-41C1-8D4C-2A9B8D3CFDFD.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 931BEABA-AB61-4197-8369-93DE24734F16.jpeg
    931BEABA-AB61-4197-8369-93DE24734F16.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 68

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Base price about doubled in the past 20 years.

I remember paying just under 3 grand for a ninja 600 and helmet n stuff in 95. if I bought an equivalent today it would be close to 10 grand. Mcdees paid about 7 bucks an hour in Vancouver around the same time. This month the min wage goes above 16 dollars. I feel like those old guys that keep telling the 25 cent vending machine prices Story…

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Everything about this jacket looks off, the stitch lines along the hem would be enough to reject, but the fit on you is the worst ever. It's like it was made for someone 3 sizes bigger.

Ralph Chen

Familiar Face
what a shame.. i was thinking about getting a deathead cascade too..pretty happy with my old horsehide Cascade, size 42 by the wat :) . maybe i should just get tailor made in Japan ….this online measurement thing is freaking me out..

Attachments

• IMG_8525.jpeg
    IMG_8525.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8524.jpeg
    IMG_8524.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8523.jpeg
    IMG_8523.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8522.jpeg
    IMG_8522.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 48

Kenan

A-List Customer
However, mine looks pretty weird at a first glance...it doesn't seem to have tailoring. It was like a mediocre leather jacket cost around $300-500 in the mall, but in reality it cost me $2310. I found it too loose and sloppy for me.

View attachment 521662
View attachment 521663
View attachment 521664
View attachment 521665
View attachment 521666
I don’t think this is as bad as you make it out to be. This is not a fashion jacket, but a true MC jacket made for riding a motorcycle. Once this is broken in it will look very different with all the creases and so on. If you want a new fashion repro stick to FW, RMC etc.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Columbia over the Cascade. Nothing wrong with the Cascade, I have the Cascade and I wished I got a Columbia.

Also main reason the Cascade looks like a bag in most photos is because the sleeves goes into the torso at almost 90 deg right angle. One of the Columbias, either the 47 one or the current one has the fitted square shoulders, ask them which one has the square shoulders and just get that one. It will fit nice and move well and tick your Langlitz box. Their horsehide upcharge is still ridiculous expensive though, maybe two tone like this Columbia. I can't get this pic outta my head...

IMG_8715.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don’t think this is as bad as you make it out to be. This is not a fashion jacket, but a true MC jacket made for riding a motorcycle. Once this is broken in it will look very different with all the creases and so on. If you want a new fashion repro stick to FW, RMC etc.

Yeah I was a bit of a dissenter when the thread started, arguing it fit decently (especially when you bear in mind that it's brand new in that photo–hasn't been broken in or run through the rain yet; I'm sure if it did, it would fit more like the vintage Cal Leathers he posted.)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Respectfully, that I cannot understand. Functionality is not about excess material. It’s about range of motion for the desired purpose. Vanson does it, Schott to some extent. Heck, even the Iron Heart Cafe Racer can be worn skintight and maintains excellent forward motion for the arms.

And, of course, Langlitz does it, when it gets it right. They didn’t here. This is a close to 3.000 Bucks jacket. They did ask for ca. a million of measurements AND enquired about fit preferences. The outcome is worse than any of the Himel’s that have been vigorously criticised here.

I am absolutely not a fan of sharing ones issues before even reaching out to the maker, but the OPs jacket has nothing to do with the fits Langlitz themselves proudly post on their Insta.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Time to revisit…

Langlitz: fat guy jacket!
Schott: serial lies plus too cheap and too expensive!
Aero: bro do you even neck!??
Himmel: stitched by a coke head!
Field leathers: bro do you even shoulder!?
Vanson: corrected flop grain!

But Langlitz did screw up the OP’s jacket. It’s 10 sizes too big. Looks like his dad’s jacket.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve been down this road with Langlitz myself a couple times and it’s a bummer. When they get it right it is so right! And they collect so many measurements that it creates the expectation of surgical perfection combined with jacket sorcery.
I think that offering cloth fit jackets could save everyone a lot of trouble in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points