Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Cascade Unfit compared with TWC at last and Real Mccoys Buco J-31

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
I totally agree with @Monitor . Even if this jacket was a perfect fit, I really don't see the $2310 price tag. Construction isn't all that neat. A $998 horsehide Schott perfecto is a much nicer jacket imo.
agreed,and I request a thin black lining only with a light and thin horsehide, but there is always puffiness over the arms and body, I have no idea where does this ballooning comes from.

Observe

One Too Many
Wow for the price that's a miserable fit. I'm sorry that it turned out that way and I hope you get satisfaction. Also, am I missing something? Why is it so damn expensive?

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
Wow for the price that's a miserable fit. I'm sorry that it turned out that way and I hope you get satisfaction. Also, am I missing something? Why is it so damn expensive?
It was 1000 for cascade basic price with black horsehide cost 1200, and the shipment added up to 2300

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Return it for refund.

The Cascade jacket by design has a lot of material under the armpits and in the bicep area. While this is great for range of motion, it doesn't look slim by design.
IMG_7071.JPG

As loose as the bicep/armpit area is, the rest of the jacket is wind tight. Langlitz is one of the only ones that gets that right for me in one shot. The jacket does not balloon up in the wind, it just doesn't look slim.
IMG_7036.jpg
IMG_7043.jpg
IMG_7054.jpg
IMG_7062.jpg

I think Ralph had his customized by his own team or he had asked Langlitz to build it without the underarm footballs, so basically the Deathhead with a Cascade front.

Image1.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

The Deathhead may or may not come with slimmer sleeves, not sure. Too expensive for me to find out.
IMG_7072.jpg
IMG_7073.jpg
IMG_7074.jpg

There are some Japanese brands that also make their versions of the Cascade. They're slimmer by design, no underarm footballs, slimmer sleeves. Probably not as good in terms of mobility but fine for everyday wear.

And about the pricing, Langlitz builds great jackets, but a lot of that money also goes into the branding, like every other $1500 plus jackets mentioned in this forum.

Bottom line, return your Cascade for refund.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
However, mine looks pretty weird at a first glance...it doesn't seem to have tailoring. It was like a mediocre leather jacket cost around $300-500 in the mall, but in reality it cost me $2310. I found it too loose and sloppy for me.

View attachment 521662
View attachment 521663
View attachment 521664
View attachment 521665
View attachment 521666
You just received your jacket yesterday. I understand your dissatisfaction.
I think you should take your issues up with Langlitz and see what their recourse is before you go full boat on this forum before hearing from them.
Hopefully this thread doesn’t go ballistic before Langlitz speaks as has happened before on threads like this.
Good luck in your outcome.
Would like to hear what Langlitz says first.
B

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I cannot recall a single case in which Langlitz let down their customers, the amount of remakes Langlitz must have done to forum members alone is absurdly high, I cannot recall any case in which they would refuse a refund or even refuse a remake and told the buyer to shop elsewhere (which I would have on more than one of these occasions.) I believe it is somewhat uncalled for to create this thread without even having talked to them yet.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I cannot recall a single case in which Langlitz let down their customers, the amount of remakes Langlitz must have done to forum members alone is absurdly high, I cannot recall any case in which they would refuse a refund or even refuse a remake and told the buyer to shop elsewhere (which I would have on more than one of these occasions.) I believe it is somewhat uncalled for to create this thread without even having talked to them yet.
I had two jackets remade by Langlitz and I would agree with your point. I had to plead my case a little bit on both occasions, but at the end of the day they took care of me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
that's way too big on the body, neck hole, and upper sleeve, it's impossible to fix this jacket, I think you deserve a complete remake, as others have said send them your photo wearing the jacket both fully zipped and open pinch the empty gap of the body and the sleeve to show how much space need to be reduced for the remake, show the neck gap with the jacket fully zipped, perhaps you also need to send them pics of your figure in slim fitting top you most likely wear under the jacket with your friend holding a measurement tape around your chest and waist and neck and biceps to show them in photo format incase they don't believe measurement you type and give unneeded margin just to make sure the jacket fit. (perhaps they add extra error margin for online clients just to guarantee the jacket fits) because I see similar look here all the time, while those leather daddy that probably visit their shop in person or langlitz japan got a properly measured jackets.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
that's way too big on the body, neck hole, and upper sleeve, it's impossible to fix this jacket, I think you deserve a complete remake, as others have said send them your photo wearing the jacket both fully zipped and open pinch the empty gap of the body and the sleeve to show how much space need to be reduced for the remake, show the neck gap with the jacket fully zipped, perhaps you also need to send them pics of your figure in slim fitting top you most likely wear under the jacket with your friend holding a measurement tape around your chest and waist and neck and biceps to show them in photo format incase they don't believe measurement you type and give unneeded margin just to make sure the jacket fit. (perhaps they add extra error margin for online clients just to guarantee the jacket fits) because I see similar look here all the time, while those leather daddy that probably visit their shop in person or langlitz japan got a properly measured jackets.
Yeah, I have sent them the pictures, and they have the same opinion as the tailor I consulted yesterday that the neck hole is way too big. And as the neck hole is cut, it's impossible to downsize that one, otherwise you have to cut the jacket from the middle. And the pattern may change, they advise me to return and refund. But personally I am still very upset about this. And I don't have a chance to show up at their store and did not work it out with them. Which means it's impossible for me to own a deaths head cascade or a padded cascade like Ralph Lauren, such a huge regret for me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Return it for refund.

The Cascade jacket by design has a lot of material under the armpits and in the bicep area. While this is great for range of motion, it doesn't look slim by design.
View attachment 521815

As loose as the bicep/armpit area is, the rest of the jacket is wind tight. Langlitz is one of the only ones that gets that right for me in one shot. The jacket does not balloon up in the wind, it just doesn't look slim.
View attachment 521816 View attachment 521817 View attachment 521818 View attachment 521819

I think Ralph had his customized by his own team or he had asked Langlitz to build it without the underarm footballs, so basically the Deathhead with a Cascade front.

View attachment 521820
View attachment 521821

The Deathhead may or may not come with slimmer sleeves, not sure. Too expensive for me to find out.
View attachment 521824 View attachment 521825 View attachment 521826

There are some Japanese brands that also make their versions of the Cascade. They're slimmer by design, no underarm footballs, slimmer sleeves. Probably not as good in terms of mobility but fine for everyday wear.

And about the pricing, Langlitz builds great jackets, but a lot of that money also goes into the branding, like every other $1500 plus jackets mentioned in this forum.

Bottom line, return your Cascade for refund.
I think Ralph Lauren there just bought a used jacket 2 size down, by looking at how far apart the front panel to each other being unzipped as a crosszip without the upper part folded back into a lapel, I doubt he can actually zip up that jacket fully, he probably also add light shoulder padding like how he usually look when wearing leather jacket, and by adding some thickness on top of his shoulder the armpit area also raised up to be a higher armhole and everything looks neater.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I have sent them the pictures, and they have the same opinion as the tailor I consulted yesterday that the neck hole is way too big. And as the neck hole is cut, it's impossible to downsize that one, otherwise you have to cut the jacket from the middle. And the pattern may change, they advise me to return and refund. But personally I am still very upset about this. And I don't have a chance to show up at their store and did not work it out with them. Which means it's impossible for me to own a deaths head cascade or a padded cascade like Ralph Lauren, such a huge regret for me.
why don't you just buy a used one 2 sizes smaller perhaps it would fit you well and that boring leather might have some characters by then, since they also make super long sleeves it perhaps would fit just fine, then change the liner with a fresh one from silk or whatever perhaps there are many leather jacket workshop in china where you're located that can do that nicely.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
why don't you just buy a used one 2 sizes smaller perhaps it would fit you well and that boring leather might have some characters by then, since they also make super long sleeves it perhaps would fit just fine, then change the liner with a fresh one from silk or whatever perhaps there are many leather jacket workshop in china where you're located that can do that nicely.
As it's made to measure, there is no size chart for the jacket. If there is, I would directly pick my size then, that's much simple and less trouble.

Indeed there are a lot of leather jacket workshop in China, but langlitz is renowned for its brand and long history, I do wanna own one myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21