Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz is fantastic

Colin G

One Too Many
When are you getting your Crescent? A fine jacket design!

Sorry, a typo. I am getting a modified Cascade with a collar and some other things done. It is a more, slim-fitting jacket than the Crescent.

I am on the fence regarding the padding. I love it now, but will I still years down the road.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^^
I’d say it tuned out very well indeed Technovox!
I’m not surprised that the guys at Langlitz didn’t mention anything about the different options for pinstripes because I had the same experience when I was trying to figure out all the details I wanted on my order It was almost like playing the game 20 questions, where you have to ask them if they can do something or how it would look and then make your decision based on their answer. I found the Langlitz Japan website and blog to be invaluable sources of inspiration. I would copy photos of jackets or specific features of jackets that I liked there and email them to Scott at Langlitz. That’s where I learned that you could do either two or three pinstripes, you could change the sweep of the pinstripes, and you could vary where they stopped at the top.

The Japanese stuff is tremendously helpful.

sweetfights

Sorry, a typo. I am getting a modified Cascade with a collar and some other things done. It is a more, slim-fitting jacket than the Crescent.

I am on the fence regarding the padding. I love it now, but will I still years down the road.
I know-- since these Langlitz jackets will last a lifetime you cannot help but think of long term wearing tastes.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
Thought I'd ask this question here rather than start a new thread. But I've come across a vintage langlitz that looks like it's measurements fit everywhere except. The shoulder to. Shoulder, which is listed as a whopping 21. Seems strange for a jacket with a 22 pit to pit. Can anyone explain?

ProteinNerd

I’ve come across some people that don’t measure straight across the shoulder, instead the start at the edge and measure up to the collar then down again.

Flat Head seem to do that so the 20 inch measurement listed on their site is actually only 18 inches straight across

Maybe that’s what is going on?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Or it could be different shoulder designs, some are wider than others.
My LaBrea has 22.5" chest and 20.5" shoulders which is not far off.

sweetfights

Thought I'd ask this question here rather than start a new thread. But I've come across a vintage langlitz that looks like it's measurements fit everywhere except. The shoulder to. Shoulder, which is listed as a whopping 21. Seems strange for a jacket with a 22 pit to pit. Can anyone explain?

Langlitz does measure shoulder to shoulder tenting up a little at the bottom of the neck. That is when fitting for a jacket- not the actual jacket.

sweetfights

I’ve come across some people that don’t measure straight across the shoulder, instead the start at the edge and measure up to the collar then down again.

Flat Head seem to do that so the 20 inch measurement listed on their site is actually only 18 inches straight across

Maybe that’s what is going on?

yes- that is what Langlitz does when measuring for a jacket but not the jacket itself.

El Marro

Since Langlitz builds each jacket to their customers specific measurements it is possible that the posted measurements you have are accurate. I agree that that does sound a bit wider than one would expect with a 22” p2p.

sweetfights

Do you have a photo? Maybe the measure is from the padded shoulder to shoulder.

sweetfights

Bigbends:
I usually fit into a Lost World's or Aero with 19 inch shoulders perfectly.
Using the Langlitz tented measure method for shoulders I stated 19 1/4 inches on the order form. When I measure my new Langlitz (which fits perfectly) I get 21 inches shoulder seam to shoulder seam.
The outside shoulder measure will be greater than the average jacket measure it seems.

David Hamilton

New in Town
My modified Sidewinder just arrived.
Great smelling leather.
Stunning feel and look to the mid weight black cowhide.
The jacket weighs in at just over 8 pounds. Heavy and as thick as Lost World's 4oz plus horse and Aero's 4oz Steer but is more supple to the touch. No flaws in the leather. Smooth durable silky lining. Heavy duty zippers are standard.
Custom fit that cannot be beat. Can be worn on the bike or around town.
Soft goatskin lined pockets.
The best customer service imaginable.
View attachment 138405 View attachment 138406 View attachment 138407 [/ATTACH] View attachment 138408 View attachment 138409
Custom-fit that cannot be beaten. It can be worn on the bike or around town.
I know this is an older thread but I had to say something even a year later. I just love the Langlitz Company i've lusted after one of their jackets for over forty years. My brothers friend owned one that i was constanly wearing around the house whenever he stopped by i was a little guy back then and the jacket was huge on me. Now i'm finally getting one hopefully as nice as yours.
The jacket that you chose is also my favorite jacket in the Langlitz lineup, The Sidewinder! My gosh i really dig the diamond plate and the stitching. I would like to ask you a couple of questions since I'm getting close to buying one. Do your photos show pleating on the back panel is that custom on your jacket only? and in Co. brochures they mentioned that the leather wasn't very thick, however, sounds to me, from your run down, like it is quite substantial? the last thing did they give you a choice of lining i am gonna have to contact them to see if they can do a red or blue flannel. Enjoy your jacket it is stunning! Langlitz is IMO the best out there and they consistently hammering out heirloom-quality leathers on a daily basis. Team this jacket up with some Wesco boots or a pair of those Italian police highway patrol boots and man-o-man badass!!

Last edited:

sweetfights

I know this is an older thread but I had to say something even a year later. I just love the Langlitz Company i've lusted after one of their jackets for over forty years. My brothers friend owned one that i was constanly wearing around the house whenever he stopped by i was a little guy back then and the jacket was huge on me. Now i'm finally getting one hopefully as nice as yours.
The jacket that you chose is also my favorite jacket in the Langlitz lineup, The Sidewinder! My gosh i really dig the diamond plate and the stitching. I would like to ask you a couple of questions since I'm getting close to buying one. Do your photos show pleating on the back panel is that custom on your jacket only? and in Co. brochures they mentioned that the leather wasn't very thick, however, sounds to me, from your run down, like it is quite substantial? the last thing did they give you a choice of lining i am gonna have to contact them to see if they can do a red or blue flannel. Enjoy your jacket it is stunning! Langlitz is IMO the best out there and they consistently hammering out heirloom-quality leathers on a daily basis. Team this jacket up with some Wesco boots or a pair of those Italian police highway patrol boots and man-o-man badass!!
I just ordered another in horsehide- Simply the best fit ever.

The back has what they call pinstripes- an easy available option.
I have had the medium cowhide and the "colored" leather. My colored jacket was in brown. Appreciably thicker than the Langlitz medium cowhide. The tanning on all their colored leathers is different and very nice. The colored leathers are thicker with a more spongy feel. Also easier to wear off the get go.
But my new jacket being made will be in the same sidewinder style but made of their fantastic horsehide.
A great company making the best fitting jackets ever. Google Langlitz japan for some nice options not displayed elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ