Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Leathers' Butterscotch Goat

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Good morning, an earlier thread on lighter color leather jacket's got me thinking about one. I’ve been looking for sometime now at this particular hide color Langlitz offers and I wanted to get some advice from the forum members here. As you can see the colors seem to be closest to of a soft orangey yellowish hue. My friends are telling me it's a "chick color" but, to me, it seems very retro and 70s looking and I like that. The sample on the way is a chrome tanned, thick, but very soft. I will add to the thread a pic of it as well.
I think the color would work well for a simple casual collared jacket-very similar to High and Dry's Crescent cafe racer posted a few months ago. I wear t-shirts and jeans or khakis everyday and I think I could pull it off but am still unsure. If nothing else, It's fun to think about....

Here's some hide pics:

MitsuruYoshikawaMPNTimcut3.jpg

butterscotchgoathide.jpg

Here's a Crescent cafe build in the same hide pictured above.

JunMPTCrescJin1-fullinit_.jpg

JanSolo

Practically Family
I like it very much! But this hide requires more attention regarding the way you dress than a black jacket would. Vintage t-shirts, western shirts, raw denim, quality RedWings or similar would look great...oversized department store/ cheap mall stuff would look like a desaster along with this jacket.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Langlitz is so bad ass!!! I understand the relative absence of some companies on The Fedora Lounge, but it would be really cool to see more Langlitz, Vanson, and vintage gear. IMHO, Langlitz, Vanson, Goodwear, and Aero are producing the best stuff that money can buy. There are a few other companies that are up and coming that are also going to put out some spectacular stuff in the coming years too!!!

Great jacket!!!!! Butterscotch can be worn with BOTH brown and black!!!

andy richards

Practically Family
Looks very good to me! I like the colour and black lining too :) .
Could be wrong, but I almost smell the smooth leather coming out of my computer :) :) :) .
Andy

I like it,too. Their 'butterscotch' seems to tone down any brightness associated with yellow or orange. In fact...it retains a 'rich' look to it. I also think that the cafe style is perfect for that color. Traditional MC 'Brando' style..probably not so much.
Should also age very nicely!
HD

Ugarte

A-List Customer
I agree that this is not a bad look for a jacket, especially if it coordinates with, say, the paint on your motorcycle tins. It's also a little hard to tell from the pics but my first impression of the color was more "mustard."

At any rate, you might need to watch what you wear with it to avoid looking silly. But it's a great alternative to basic black.

Would love to see action shots.

Mark

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
I like it,too. Their 'butterscotch' seems to tone down any brightness associated with yellow or orange. In fact...it retains a 'rich' look to it. I also think that the cafe style is perfect for that color. Traditional MC 'Brando' style..probably not so much.
Should also age very nicely!
HD

Hoosier Daddy, I've got a sample now and the color's a shade darker than the picture for sure. Very rich and mellow color-one part orange, one part brown, and one part yellow. heavier than it appears too. This goat looks great in suede too but the upkeep would be too much. I'll take some pics and see if there's any appreciable difference from the pics. If so, I will post them up.
One think I like about chrome tanned leathers is the color options, and this is an interesting one indeed.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
A couple more...

Rough-out Columbia in Golden Goatskin

big_columbia_jkt04.jpg

With dark brown stitching

MarimoHOLLYWOODLVestDin10.jpg

Two tone dark brown and butterscotch

NaokiHidaniDELTAHOUSEtimsw2.jpg

The above Crescent

JunMPTCrescJin2.jpg

Note......Of all the pics here, this one is the closest to my sample:

butterscotchgoathide.jpg

One of the Regulars
Absolutely amazing!
The dark brown and butterscotch it's fantastic!
You are done!
This is a dangerous addiction!
But "life is too short".
Go for it!:eusa_clap

Navin323i

Practically Family
Love the color, Tony! Definitely would recommend light blue jeans or khaki colored pants with this jacket. Completely disagree with whoever that told you this is a chick color... far from it, bro. :)

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Love the color, Tony! Definitely would recommend light blue jeans or khaki colored pants with this jacket. Completely disagree with whoever that told you this is a chick color... far from it, bro. :)

Yeah, some guys think if it's not solid black or brown then it's out, or should be out. I'm still in the planning phase for my black or brown jacket but I like to think long term. This butterscotch hide would make a great 2nd or 3rd jacket. I really like the sample I got and would like to own one, at least today. I'd also like a nice dark grey bomber with a clean look and a D pocket. Either one would be great. I'm rambling.....

Navin323i

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
Yeah, some guys think if it's not solid black or brown then it's out, or should be out. I'm still in the planning phase for my black or brown jacket but I like to think long term. This butterscotch hide would make a great 2nd or 3rd jacket. I really like the sample I got and would like to own one, at least today. I'd also like a nice dark grey bomber with a clean look and a D pocket. Either one would be great. I'm rambling.....

That sounds like a good plan, bro. Have you ordered the butterscotch Langlitz coat now?

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Hi Navin, I've not decided yet on what to order first from Langlitz. I like the color of this hide and just wanted to get some opinions. It's going to be two jackets but have not decided all my options yet.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
That columbia is very much to my liking. Is it the same but in suede? Goat-suede? they just rip of the top part? I dont get it hehe but I would love to have one!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo