Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Trucker Wallet

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Guys, I posted here some time ago re getting a decent quality trucker wallet. I developed a real hankering for one. I looked around and sent an email to Scotty at Langlitz, Ive been dealing with him on a jacket Im slowly paying off...Anyway, they dont get them too often. They are made by Idaho Leather for Langlitz. It arrived today. Its a huge thing, 7.5' by 4'. I usually carry a small bilfold around....it smells divine, has a nice brass talon zipper, contrast white stitching, and a lovely tan leather. Its very cool, very solid. Nice heavy chain.. Arrived in a brown box full of langlitz stickers and a really nice retro Langlitz calender...Im really happy with it... 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
That looks pretty sturdy. The dimensions are bordering on mini bag size compared to my card holder wallet from Saddleback Leather. Very nice.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
That is cool. I've noticed that very few companies make these types of wallets in the USA any more.

I bought my first chain wallet (smaller size) in 1993 and had to replace it in 2011 because it was falling apart. Every wallet I saw in the Harley stores were made in China:eek:

I ended up buying a new old stock H-D USA-made wallet off of Ebay for $20. It's funny, cause the same wallet would have cost about $30 twenty years ago.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Yes, pretty much all Harley stuff now made in china or Indonesia..I think this will age quite nicely, it's a big unit, no doubt, but will be great on the road...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Just curious - how are you meant to carry them -
Not too sure Seb,I will Clip the chain to my belt loop and use the back pocket, I've seen teenagers with the dreadfull baggy jeans using chain wallets anywhere and everywhere...when riding I miht even have it stuffed in the inside jacket pocket, and when not riding...not sure if it will get a run...maybe in the girlfriends hand bag? Not sure, but I developed a real " need" or want for one that I can't explain...next up will be a newsboy cap...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran