Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Large Early WWII Irvin Jacket by DGL

jrohlf

New in Town
Wondering if this is still available and even if not was wondering your height/weight. I'm trying to get a feel for how measurements map to size for these thicker shearling jackets. Thanks.

Troglodyte

Familiar Face
The jacket sold for a ridiculous amount of money, possibly because of the large size (wartime Irvins are almost always small). Didn't quite make up for my loss when I sold my repro Coastal Command Irvin, but still...

I stand 5'9" tall and weigh between 175 and 185 depending on season and activity. The jacket fit me fine with a thick sweater under it. Informed loungers have noted that too-large Irvins were common during the war, so you'll have an authentic wartime fit if you find one your size or larger.

Note also that the measurements are for a broken-in jacket. My nearly new CC was roughly the same size on the outside, but more snug on the insude because the wool hadn't yet steeled in. With wear, it would have of course fit fine as well.

Happy hunting!

Best,
Trog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner