Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest Project: Mycustomtailor Suit!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I am considering the order of a vintage-inspired suit to Mycustomtaylor, and I found this old thread. Seeing the good results some of you obtained encourages me to try.

I am thinking of something like HJones ordered, the one they call the "Hollywood drape", or maybe the one they call "dated 20's-30's style". I am not decided. I will probably ask them to incorporate an "action back" -they are willing to do it if I send them pics. Probably a Norfolk style back with side vents and half belt would be a safer bet than the one with central pleats -safer in the sense of they getting it right.

I have already got in touch with MCT about fabric requirements. I would require something which is durable, strong and reasonably resistant to soiling and dirt. Resilient and smart. And in a lighter weight fabric, appropriate for summer spring/summer temperatures.

I proposed these...

205 Easy Care Washable silk suiting (The fact is washable makes it worth of note)

2022 Wrinkle Resistant Easy Care Tone on Tone Corded Stripe Wool Blend

133 All Year Wrinkle Free Wool Blend

118 Classic Corduroy (small vale) (Probably too hot, even if classified as year round use)

134 Summer Weight Cotton Blend

2076 Easy Care All Year Wool Blend in Tone on Tone Framed Stripe

And they suggested these instead...

No.2194 - Master Class Micro Lite Italian Wool and Cashmere

No.132 - Light Weight Blend Mohair

No.101 - 120 Cool Cashmere Tropical Light Weight

(All the numbers are from MCT's fabric search engine http://www.MyCustomTailor.com/fabsearch.php
where more info is available)

What's your opinion on fabric selection? Which one/ones of the above would better suit my requirements of a reaonably hard-wearing, and at the same time, smart fabric for summer wear?

Thanks, and regards!

(P.S. Does it exist another thread for the navy blue wide lapel suit HJones briefly mentions in this thread?)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
... What's your opinion on fabric selection? Which one/ones of the above would better suit my requirements of a reaonably hard-wearing, and at the same time, smart fabric for summer wear? ...

I've had several suits made with the "No.101 - 120 Cool Cashmere Tropical Light Weight", and have been very pleased with that fabric weight/look/durability. I ordered my suits with the intent to get a lot of use out of them (every day wear). All the suits I've ordered have held up well (some for over four years now). Of course now that I've retired, I won't be wearing them as often, but I can't recommend them enough for good quality for the price.

Hope this helps.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just be very careful about the action backs. They botched one of mine. Thankfully, it was an easy fix. However, they nailed a sport coat I proposed. I love that one. I was very very specific with that one.

Good luck and please post photos of the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner