Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Laura

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
I love Laura. I'm not sure how many times I've watched it, but I always manage to see something new and different every time I pop it in the DVD player.

This was the first film I saw Dana Andrews in and he immediately captured my interest. Gene Tierney is wonderful in any film she does. And I love watching Vincent Price in a non-horror setting. :)

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Another good Tierney/Price film....

Laura is also one of my favorites. Another is Leave Her to Heaven, with Gene Tierney/Cornell Wilde/Vincent Price and Jeanne Crain.

Tierney plays a vindictive/calculating/jealous wife who kills anyone who comes between her and her husband (Wilde), real or imagined.

There are many chilling scenes, Tierney watching as her young brother-in-law who is crippled, drowns while she calmly sits in the boat, when her husband becomes overjoyed at the thought of their impending baby, she throws herself down the stairs to kill the child that would compete for her husbands attention!

The final evil act that she commits will send shivers up your spine -

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Another excellent film with Gene Tierny is "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir". She has great chemistry with Rex Harrison. (The film includes yet another great Bernard Herrmann score too.)

Oh, and I've always loved "Laura" too!

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
"The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" is another excellent one. I love how Gene's character confronts the ghost of the captain. I think I always cry when I watch that one, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925