Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Learning to Dance

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
If you are in the SF area, and wanting to learn-my bf and I are now teaching (teaching as a COUPLE, not as in most classes, with just one person as the teacher with a T.A. 'body') Beginning Social Ballroom Dancing!

At the Recreation Center for the City of Millbrae, Sunday evenings 630-8pm, couples only, age 16+
Learn lead and follow, styling, line of dance, how to navigate on a crowded floor setting. All while getting the basics in Foxtrot, Waltz, ChaCha, American Tango, NightClub Two Step and West Coast Swing. PM me for more information.

Last edited:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
As you might have noticed from Google's animation today, it's Frankie Manning's 102nd birthday. Here's a tribute video, showing lots of authentic lindy hopping.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
May I throw a pet peeve into the mix? (Or maybe I should start a whole new thread.) PLEASE don't try to do Lindy or Swing to Charleston music!
Can't see the problem, Charleston is four beat, any kind of jive, be it Lindy, Balboa, Jitterbug, they are all jive variations and you can dance jive to four beat. I learned to jive to Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me." It seems much too slow to jive to, but keeping it slow as a novice means that as the tempo quickens, your feet are on auto-pilot having already learned the dance.
If you like Balboa, you will love our friends Paul & Natasha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk