Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Cult

People think it's harmless the same way they thought that downloading music/movies from the internet was "harmless". It's not - on many levels.
Making crap is one thing, stealing other's hard work is another. And anyone trying to sell goods/services off of the backs of legit makers - who often themselves are on thin ice - can suck it. I won't be part of promoting or apologizing for them.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The thrust of the original post was to alert those who are frugal, or on a tight budget, that there are options for a custom made jacket in the $200 range. Never said anything about the company being world class, or even 3rd world class.
But it is totally unfair for members here to badmouth a company when they have no first hand experience with them.

There is a certain air of elitism on display, by a few. Not everyone, thank goodness.

You are free to think what you like, about me, about my posts here. But, at my age, I will call it as I see it. No one has to agree, or even like it. That is the choice, and everyone is free to make up their own mind.

Ask yourselves this...how would you like to be criticized, and downgraded by a group of people who had never met you. By a group of people who have only seen a photo of you, without ever meeting you face to face, or even taking the time to talk to you?

You know the answer.

Time for me to take a vacation from here. This will please a number of you, no doubt!

Cheers!
Something's a little off-kilter here. First, it seems to me to be the function of a forum like this to discuss matters of quality: when you're looking around on the internet for an item it's a great help to have people with knowledge of that field who can alert you to signs of possible swindles, and the pointing out of image theft is certainly a valuable warning sign. Second, "elitism" is one of those modern terms that carry a great deal of accusatory weight but mean almost nothing. What does it signify? That some things are better than others? Well, they are. A Himel Bros. jacket is way out of my price range at the moment but I still enjoy seeing the talent and craftsmanship that go into each one. Would I like to see myself in one? You bet, so I'm an elitist. Last, the analogy with being mean to a stranger doesn't fly unless the stranger is trying to transfer $200.00 from my pocket into his. I mean, we're big people here who live in a world where not everything is always what it seems. Right?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
The thrust of the original post was to alert those who are frugal, or on a tight budget, that there are options for a custom made jacket in the $200 range. Never said anything about the company being world class, or even 3rd world class.
But it is totally unfair for members here to badmouth a company when they have no first hand experience with them.

There is a certain air of elitism on display, by a few. Not everyone, thank goodness.

You are free to think what you like, about me, about my posts here. But, at my age, I will call it as I see it. No one has to agree, or even like it. That is the choice, and everyone is free to make up their own mind.

Ask yourselves this...how would you like to be criticized, and downgraded by a group of people who had never met you. By a group of people who have only seen a photo of you, without ever meeting you face to face, or even taking the time to talk to you?

You know the answer.

Time for me to take a vacation from here. This will please a number of you, no doubt!

Cheers!
Dude......STOP the NONSENSE.............reach out to them and BUY one of their jackets......then post pics of YOU in it and we'll see whats what.............PERIOD !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner