Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket fit check please

Ianrivaldosmith

New in Town
Hello; so in November I went to the Aero factory in Scotland, and got sized up for a new boar racer J100 jacket in goatskin. It is due in January/February.

In the meantime I just wanted a lightweight fashion jacket, so I picked up this all saints off the rack jacket. I did have a bigger size but switched for this smaller size... The size up was too baggy.

What do you think? Is it ok (remember this is just a fashion jacket to be worn unzipped with just a T under.)

PS sorry for the pics! I had no one to take them so was just positioning the iPhone camera as best I could.

Attachments

• IMG_7149.jpg
    IMG_7149.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_7150.jpg
    IMG_7150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_7151.jpg
    IMG_7151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_7154.jpg
    IMG_7154.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_7155.jpg
    IMG_7155.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_7156.jpg
    IMG_7156.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Fit is ok, IMO, maybe a bit long in the body. Zipped-up pictures would have been informative.

The Aero will be pretty lightweight in goatskin too, so my guess would be that you don’t „need“ this one, but then this is exactly the place for jackets that one doesn’t „need“.
Looking forward to seeing the Aero when it arrives!

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
^^ yep, doesn’t look bad at all and if anything, the body length is on the long side. You’re probably going to love the J100

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
is this body length a no-go or something you can get away with?

Not a „no-go“ by any standards. It’s not uncommon for a racing shirt to be slightly elongated.
I guess majority opinion would want a jacket like this not to touch the back-pockets of the jeans, but that’s a very minor point. The jacket fits you well.

Really what posters probably think (I do for sure) is that once you get the Aero, you probably don’t need to worry about this one anymore ;).

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
the jacket fits you fine, for a dual zip jacket it can be that long, but the back panel with kidney panel is way too low, if a jacket/ racing shirt is made this long I think the back should not have kidney panel or instead have a half belt or just blind kidney panel from the inside, otherwise it is a nice fitting goatskin minimalistic racer

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very generic jacket with generic fit. If you paid RRP for it, you’ve overpaid by far. It’s just a few weeks until the Aero arrives, in a lightweight and pliable hide, rendering this completely redundant. I would return this.

I assume that what happened was you tried on a CXL Board Racer when they were fitting you, and somewhere in your mind you’re expecting the incoming jacket to be somewhere in that ballpark weight and stiffness wise–but I assure you it won’t be. The goatskin combines all the perks of a soft leather and a hardy leather.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Not bad, but if you can still return it, return it. The style is very very similar to the board racer, so once you have that, doubt you’ll wear this much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot