Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket with Serval zipper

megh

New in Town
Hi,

I’ve had this jacket for over a decade. When I bought it from an antique shop, it had an auction slip/statement in the sleeve saying it belonged to Heather Locklear. I unfortunately don’t have that anymore…

What era do you think this is from? And does anyone have an idea of what it’s worth? The only tag inside says size 36, so it might be European made?

Thanks for any insight you have to share!

Attachments

• IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7241.jpeg
    IMG_7241.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7244.jpeg
    IMG_7244.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7245.jpeg
    IMG_7245.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7246.jpeg
    IMG_7246.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7266.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 79

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It
Hi,

I’ve had this jacket for over a decade. When I bought it from an antique shop, it had an auction slip/statement in the sleeve saying it belonged to Heather Locklear. I unfortunately don’t have that anymore…

What era do you think this is from? And does anyone have an idea of what it’s worth? The only tag inside says size 36, so it might be European made?

Hi, Nice jacket. The jacket looks mid 70's to me. It could be European but sometimes Europeans stick to their size system. The jacket in the images look like an American 36 size. Regarding price, truly do not know. There are members here who can give you a good opinion regarding all aspects of this jacket.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi,

I love these 70s jackets. Great find! @ton312 might know who the original maker is.

Maybe East-West Musical Instruments or Oshwahkon? One of those hippie/rockstar makers.

Serval zippers were from New York. I have them on an early 1960s Schott jacket.

Aloysius

I keep looking at this jacket; definitely the coolest 'find' I've seen here in a while.

You should get it relined by someone reliable like Bedo, Dena, or Zoltan in Berkeley and wear the hell out of it. The leather and zippers look to be in great shape.

Hi,

KOK Chicago! 1970’s at its finest!
IMG_7770.jpeg

IMG_7771.jpeg IMG_7772.jpeg

Wow, I’m so impressed with all of your expertise! Thank you very much for your help and responses.
I love your jacket! I have been looking for one in my size for an eternity. The closest I’ve come to finding one is this knock off:
IMG_0568.jpeg

^ This jacket is flimsy by comparison but it seems most the great 70’s makers didn’t really go above a size 38”-40”.
I spotted this jacket and my heart stopped:
IMG_7585.jpeg
IMG_7586.jpeg

Sadly about 10 sizes too small. I love the 70’s jackets. The quality stuff is superb and scarce! Your jacket is marvelous!

Aloysius

I love your jacket! I have been looking for one in my size for an eternity. The closest I’ve come to finding one is this knock off:
View attachment 579178
^ This jacket is flimsy by comparison but it seems most the great 70’s makers didn’t really go above a size 38”-40”.
I spotted this jacket and my heart stopped:
View attachment 579179 View attachment 579180
Sadly about 10 sizes too small. I love the 70’s jackets. The quality stuff is superb and scarce! Your jacket is marvelous!

Is anyone besides Lost Worlds and Electric Leather Studio in Japan still making these things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner