Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jackets that don’t quite fit

For me, it is this Vanson Model E, although it doesnt fit my personal stylistic preferences of shorter torso length, it fits me well other than that. I will still be holding it for the time being, although got my eyes peeled for an older Model C2 which probably fits my preferences for torso length better.

View attachment 494812

That picture doesn’t belong in this thread ;)

Jiaward

One of the Regulars
For me it's this short Johnson Leathers. Love how parts of it fit and think the jacket itself looks great so I will keep just looking at it instead of wearing for now.
317C1ADB-D605-4812-A4D8-F96A042A11AD.jpeg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Get it wet and hang it in the hot sun (once summer comes along). You'll get at least half size shrink and because of the buttons, you don't have to worry about wavy zipper.
Way ahead of you my friend. I gave this one the extreme hot water treatment followed by hot dryer for two hours. It did shrink about half a size and the football buttons disintegrated.
I had the buttons replaced with some nice corozo ones but the jacket still isn’t quite right For me.

Aloysius

For me, no matter how nice the jacket is otherwise, if the fit is off, there is no possible way I’ll keep it. In under 30 seconds I know if I am keeping a jacket forever, for awhile or if it’s going right out the door. Maybe under 10 seconds actually. It’s gotten to where I don’t even need to try it on. I can tell just by holding it in front of my face.

We both know the bolded clause isn’t true. If anything, I think when it comes to you and @Monitor, the more perfectly a jacket suits you, the more likely you are to sell it. :D

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
For me, it is this Vanson Model E, although it doesnt fit my personal stylistic preferences of shorter torso length, it fits me well other than that. I will still be holding it for the time being, although got my eyes peeled for an older Model C2 which probably fits my preferences for torso length better.

View attachment 494812 T

That is an excellent fit. If you sell, you will regret it.

Aloysius

Yeah the leather on that is so beautiful to look at that I can understand why it’s continued to hang around in your closet.

I feel like this kind of behavior is most easily justified with vintage jackets because you can rationalize it as holding on to a piece of history before a scalper gets it or someone who’s going to cut it up gets it, to pass on to someone who would appreciate it.

I think the reason I’ve kept this jacket around is because in relative terms (bought at factory clearance) it cost me next to nothing. So while I could sell it for a good amount, getting it in the first place wasn’t a financial hit.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many

View attachment 494812
That E is the dogs

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Sigh... I guess I'll join the fun. For me it's this used Langlitz (only one I've ever had or seen big enough fer my girth at the time). While it "kinda" fits the pockets are just too high... I still own it and wear it once or twice a year but love it... never.

1677973689841.jpeg

Even after losing a ton of weight I still can't get used to pockets in my armpits!

Worf

willyto

One Too Many
I've got way too many that don't fit,

- Aero A-1 size 42 that was always too big. Did some stupid stuff with it and shrink a bit but still too big nowadays.
- Eastman Goatskin A-2 size 42 that got turned into crispy bacon (learned not to do stupid stuff with leather, washing machines and driers)
- Himel Grizzly size 38 which always had very very short arms, once I used it and they bended permanently the arms became too short so I don't wear it.
- Eastman A2- Horsehide size 40 that has very short arms and it's too big
- Lewis Leathers Universal MK-2 size 36, it's too long and tappered so it doesn't fit me fine.

praga2.jpg
IMG_7227.JPG
Collage.jpg
Collage2.jpg
fitpic2december1-1.jpg
hhhhhhh.jpg
sdfsdfff.jpg
3DADAB43-2053-4A2C-B589-F7E5DAB6CEF4.jpeg
17E71D52-988E-4D01-8274-2DAC2C9D1BE1.jpeg

NZJono

One of the Regulars

- Aero A-1 size 42 that was always too big. Did some stupid stuff with it and shrink a bit but still too big nowadays.
- Eastman Goatskin A-2 size 42 that got turned into crispy bacon (learned not to do stupid stuff with leather, washing machines and driers)
- Himel Grizzly size 38 which always had very very short arms, once I used it and they bended permanently the arms became too short so I don't wear it.
- Lewis Leathers Universal MK-2 size 36, it's too long and tappered so it doesn't fit me fine.

View attachment 494970 View attachment 494971 View attachment 494972 View attachment 494973 View attachment 494974 View attachment 494975 View attachment 494976 View attachment 494978 View attachment 494979
None of these look dramatically poorly fitting, just saying.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 494970 View attachment 494971 View attachment 494972 View attachment 494973 View attachment 494974 View attachment 494975 View attachment 494976 View attachment 494978 View attachment 494979
What's wrong with these fits? Especially the lewis fits you perfectly imo

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 494812
It is not the jacket, it is the pants color and slight high water leg that is the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points