Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather M-65 Field Jacket (by FCL), anyone?

Why aren't we talking about leather M65 by FCL?

image-5713587.jpg

image-5938748.jpg

image-6086748.jpg

image-750662.jpg

image-834366.jpg

image-998384.jpg

image-4021624.jpg

Well, it's an over-sized, unshapely mess exactly like a proper M-65 should be so I think they got it remarkably right this time. Plus they got every single detail right, down to the shoddily stitched Velcros. Not to mention the color, as @Will Zach noted which in itself is impressive. I wouldn't pay money for it but it's still a feat.

Can't wait to hear the price. And the blurb. Oh man! What will Selfedge come up with now?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Why aren't we talking about leather M65 by FCL?

image-5713587.jpg

image-5938748.jpg

image-6086748.jpg

image-750662.jpg

image-834366.jpg

image-998384.jpg

image-4021624.jpg
I don’t care who made it, it’s cool as can be.
Timeless style, very accurate repo, even a hood.
If you love M65s, leather is a step way up!
I love my Cooper M65 but this one looks cuts above.
Yeah, it doesn't fit the guy but it will fit someone well.
B

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Lol
I just wake up my inner youth. Wearing my 50yo boot camp one now.
There was a time you couldn’t wear one of these without getting spit on or called a baby killer.
Travis wore it well.
B View attachment 552931

It looks just like my field jackets. Mine are almost unworn as I started wearing a flight jacket after basic. So, I only have a few weeks of wear on my issued field jacket. I have worn it much more after my Army days than I did during.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's very cool. But the C-Works sub brand tends to only offer two sizes, 46 and 48.

46(S-M)肩幅 58cm 身幅 68cm 着丈 64cm 袖丈 59cm

48(L-XL)肩幅 60cm 身幅 71cm 着丈 65cm 袖丈 60cm

23" shoulder paired with 23" sleeves will have enough overall sleeve length but it will always look drop shouldered on me. That is the look they are after and is the look the younger kids are rocking these days. I am still on the fence about this look. I wasn't into it when I was young and I don't know if I like it now I am older. I like the rounded shoulder athletic look but dramatic drop shoulder is a step I haven't taken yet...

Also people have to consider the weight of these jackets. Deerskin feels light in the hands but in any wet situation, they will soak up the moisture and feel like a heavy wet beach towel.

I almost bought their Big Ben deerskin trucker jacket but the dramatic drop shoulder and the potential heavy weight deterred me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
this is lovely, I love my current cheap m65 repro, my most worn jacket this past month. I don't know if leather will over power the waist and hem cords and or would crumple weirdly when the waist cord is adjusted, what works on much thinner fabrics doesn't always translate well on superlative material like leather. BTW my cotton canvas m65 is heavy it is about the same weight of my heavy weight denim pants maybe since it has tons of fabrics due to how baggy the cut and the collar and cargo pockets and fully lined too. I imagine in leather it would be surprisingly heavy unless the leather is sheepskin

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
this is lovely, I love my current cheap m65 repro, my most worn jacket this past month. I don't know if leather will over power the waist and hem cords and or would crumple weirdly when the waist cord is adjusted, what works on much thinner fabrics doesn't always translate well on superlative material like leather. BTW my cotton canvas m65 is heavy it is about the same weight of my heavy weight denim pants maybe since it has tons of fabrics due to how baggy the cut and the collar and cargo pockets and fully lined too. I imagine in leather it would be surprisingly heavy unless the leather is sheepskin
Weight check with my cheap fish scale.
Orig M65 with nylon lining:
A little over 5lbs.
20yo Cooper goatskin M65 repo:
A little over 6lbs
B

Al 916

One Too Many
Probably because it's awful........A shapeless mess of a jacket !!
I agree with TREEMAN

Make a potato sack out of heavy leather, cut arm and head holes and.....
(I don't really like it.....)

I wore an original cotton one for years as a kid, but leather, not for me

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
It's very cool. But the C-Works sub brand tends to only offer two sizes, 46 and 48.

46(S-M)肩幅 58cm 身幅 68cm 着丈 64cm 袖丈 59cm

48(L-XL)肩幅 60cm 身幅 71cm 着丈 65cm 袖丈 60cm

23" shoulder paired with 23" sleeves will have enough overall sleeve length but it will always look drop shouldered on me. That is the look they are after and is the look the younger kids are rocking these days. I am still on the fence about this look. I wasn't into it when I was young and I don't know if I like it now I am older. I like the rounded shoulder athletic look but dramatic drop shoulder is a step I haven't taken yet...

Also people have to consider the weight of these jackets. Deerskin feels light in the hands but in any wet situation, they will soak up the moisture and feel like a heavy wet beach towel.

I almost bought their Big Ben deerskin trucker jacket but the dramatic drop shoulder and the potential heavy weight deterred me.

Basically one size fits all....Like a tube jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats