Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Police Jackets

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@tmitchell59

yc3xTD9.jpg
bINDqkj.png

9rC29jt.png

wV2w1JZ.jpg

Probably San Francisco Bay area maker. Interesting jacket. Nice find.

Leigh H

Practically Family
@JMax mentioned there’s similar characteristics to a Ralph Pugh with this jacket .

I’ve had a look around and I get where he’s coming from.

nu1RCw9.jpg

ZionaTs.jpg

FpMo9gw.jpg

xTLKJay.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The hem is altered for length using that same Salmon colored inner leather that you see on bay area jacket: All Weather comes to mine, United Sportwear, etc.

Never seen a Ralphs-Pugh quite like this; the lining, the look. Cross them off the list of suspects.

The hem is altered for length using that same Salmon colored inner leather that you see on bay area jacket: All Weather comes to mine, United Sportwear, etc.

Never seen a Ralphs-Pugh quite like this; the lining, the look. Cross them off the list of suspects.

Some RPs Police jackets did have the Salmon colored inner leather on the bottom hem. I do still see an All Weather when I look at Leigh’s jacket. I’d be interested to know if different makers made All Weathers. Scant info out there. Too many great SF makers.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That is a very nice jacket. I was wondering, how the bottom hem does not curl in. I have two of the same jacket as yours but both of mine curl in the same way. Please advise, if you did some kind of leather treatment to straighten the bottom hem.

Just the way this one came. I have jackets with that curl from sitting. Yes, it is a rather nice example and very comfortable too.

Edward

Bartender

I'm intrigued that at some point the badge-holder seems to have been moved - the signs being the extra set of stitch holes on the shell, and how on the inside you can see it's been done after the jacket was finished, because you can see the thread where it's been stitched through both shell and liner (the way A2s were done when field patches were added by the USAAF boys!). I wonder what the story was there. Did the original owner not like where it sat - did the positioning farther our foul his (I'm assuming) sleeve if he had to draw and extend his arms holding his sidearm? Or was it an aesthetic preference to resite it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ