Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather trucker jacket opinions?

Have to disagree here. Wrangler has a couple various vintage models that features a zipper and look great, IMO. Although, I think replicating the look with leather is more challenging.

lYBQ4zZkRAGmh2yEj43q

119f56ff70a0b4d44c5780133d7c9b0b.jpg

24onceupon1-superJumbo.jpg
Noooooo, Brad needs the BIG collar!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Please don't buy a trucker jacket with a zipper. It's an abomination.

Related, if I had a grand to spend on a leather jacket (if I wanted to spend a grand on a leather jacket, actually), it would be on a Lewis Leathers trucker. That one is my favorite. Look at how that thing fits!
Yes, a zippered trucker takes some getting used to. But I had seen a few examples before that were cool.

The LL is great. But I'm afraid I'm not going to get that fit. The way LL allows the measurements to be adjusted, they don't allow for this fit if the difference p2p and waist is too large. But right now there is no need for me. lol

MrProper

Here is an example with zipper that I think is not so bad.

Attachments

• 0B38405F-E48A-4136-9A6C-38E869F8F8BA.jpeg
    0B38405F-E48A-4136-9A6C-38E869F8F8BA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • 07D35467-C261-4C8F-AFF1-742293A16EEA.jpeg
    07D35467-C261-4C8F-AFF1-742293A16EEA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134

Edward

Bartender
Have to disagree here. Wrangler has a couple various vintage models that features a zipper and look great, IMO. Although, I think replicating the look with leather is more challenging.

lYBQ4zZkRAGmh2yEj43q

119f56ff70a0b4d44c5780133d7c9b0b.jpg

24onceupon1-superJumbo.jpg

I really wish Wrangler would do a decent run of those. The latest version of that jacket they brought out - selling on the "Icon" line, no less - not only dispensed with the pleats (I could live with that), and added buttons in place of the main zip (meh.... if I wanted a Levis type 3, I'd buy a Levis....), but also played about with the proportions, adding about three inches in body length. Deal-killer. In a world awash with so many Type IIIs already, it's a crying shame Wrangler don't have the vision to produce an accurate repro of these.... I've not bought a real denim jacket in closing in on thirty years now; if I do it now, it has to be the right one. This, in a deep, dark indigo, or one of these Lees:

1647017232703.png

Actually, I wish Lee would do that one in black, with a black collar.... and a lighter, Summer lining.

Blackadder

I really wish Wrangler would do a decent run of those. The latest version of that jacket they brought out - selling on the "Icon" line, no less - not only dispensed with the pleats (I could live with that), and added buttons in place of the main zip (meh.... if I wanted a Levis type 3, I'd buy a Levis....), but also played about with the proportions, adding about three inches in body length. Deal-killer. In a world awash with so many Type IIIs already, it's a crying shame Wrangler don't have the vision to produce an accurate repro of these.... I've not bought a real denim jacket in closing in on thirty years now; if I do it now, it has to be the right one. This, in a deep, dark indigo, or one of these Lees:

View attachment 408809

Actually, I wish Lee would do that one in black, with a black collar.... and a lighter, Summer lining.
Edwin Japan is reproducing both Lee and Wrangler old models under license. Some Japanese brands are also making copies minus the labels.

Edward

Bartender
Edwin Japan is reproducing both Lee and Wrangler old models under license. Some Japanese brands are also making copies minus the labels.

I'll have to have a look out for those. I have seen some really nice blanket-lined repop Lee Rider 101somethings - looked great, if not exactly cheap.

I think the type iii is meant to be denim.

It certainly started that way in the early Sixties, but leather variations seem to have followed pretty quickly. I actually rather like the Aero version in blue leather that could almost look like denim from a distance.

sweetfights

I'll chime in with three original 70s levis Type III plus two modern Type II repro's.

Imo a trucker should be short (and boxy in case Type I or II). The last one as made by Y2 doesn't meet the criterium. It's about two inches too long.

View attachment 377220 View attachment 377221 View attachment 377223 View attachment 377224
I'll chime in with three original 70s levis Type III plus two modern Type II repro's.

Imo a trucker should be short (and boxy in case Type I or II). The last one as made by Y2 doesn't meet the criterium. It's about two inches too long.

View attachment 377220 View attachment 377221 View attachment 377223 View attachment 377224 View attachment 377225

View attachment 377225

I know you think the Y2 is too long, if it was mine, I would have a tendency to believe it too. But, in my opinion that Y2 looks the best of the lot on you. It makes me second guess my view on proper trucker back length.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I know you think the Y2 is too long, if it was mine, I would have a tendency to believe it too. But, in my opinion that Y2 looks the best of the lot on you. It makes me second guess my view on proper trucker back length.
I agree that it actually looked the best of the lot. The other ones were too short. I sold all of them including the Y2.

I currently only own one trucker which I think is perfect in every single way. It's not leather though.

E01DA6D8-68E6-4863-B4A4-C34D86433DD5.jpeg

Blackadder

I'll have to have a look out for those. I have seen some really nice blanket-lined repop Lee Rider 101somethings - looked great, if not exactly cheap.

It certainly started that way in the early Sixties, but leather variations seem to have followed pretty quickly. I actually rather like the Aero version in blue leather that could almost look like denim from a distance.
They are making some oversized (supersized) repros this season.

Tec

New in Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch