Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

BobJ

Practically Family
Not sure if this fits the bill, my apologies if it doesn't.

I found this in a thrift store about 25 years ago and it probably hasn't seen the light of day since.

I don't know much about it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's early-mid 70s. It's a little shorter than I like to wear, which is most likely the reason I never wear it. It's dirty and could probably use a cleaning. :D :D

Tag says "Startown: Subsidiary of Londontown Corporation"

3iA8FzLh.jpg

eKBNHD9h.jpg

JDVQVM7h.jpg

0uMzRsWh.jpg

05g0bvHh.jpg

Du6j5Hgh.jpg

3di52wsh.jpg

You need a sombrero and double pistols.

mexican-vaquero.jpg

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
This Type III was posted to Instagram by Remi Relief, after being spotted by someone on Styleforum. I don't know anything about the brand, but their website suggests denim and streetwear, with less of the workwear vibe that the likes of The Flat Head or Iron Heart have.

As for the jacket, it's made of sheepskin, which was dyed with indigo, before being processed to simulate denim aging. It's probably not something that I'd go for, but I can appreciate it.

Remi Relief 1.jpg
Remi Relief 2.jpg
Remi Relief 3.jpg
Remi Relief 4.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
This Type III was posted to Instagram by Remi Relief, after being spotted by someone on Styleforum. I don't know anything about the brand, but their website suggests denim and streetwear, with less of the workwear vibe that the likes of The Flat Head or Iron Heart have.

As for the jacket, it's made of sheepskin, which was dyed with indigo, before being processed to simulate denim aging. It's probably not something that I'd go for, but I can appreciate it.

View attachment 93301 View attachment 93302 View attachment 93303 View attachment 93304
I suppose that someone is trying to get creative. I'm surly not getting this baby blue sheepskin jacket however. I just gotta wait until Aero comes out with the new one.

In the mean time:

I'm not crazy about the zipper, but this looks ok for the money what do you all think?

http://www.hillsideusa.com/American-made-Jean-Leather-Jacket-p/5523.htm

I suppose that someone is trying to get creative. I'm surly not getting this baby blue sheepskin jacket however. I just gotta wait until Aero comes out with the new one.

In the mean time:

I'm not crazy about the zipper, but this looks ok for the money what do you all think?

http://www.hillsideusa.com/American-made-Jean-Leather-Jacket-p/5523.htm

Guess you haven't read the Hillside thread. Might behoove you to do so.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hillside-leather-jackets-any-owners-here.90617/

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the heads up! Plastic leather eh? I was lured in by the price point and the ease of ordering longer length.
Still learning!
:)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
At least I didn't buy it before checking with you all Like I did with the Levi Buffalo C^&p. I think I have been advised 3 times now to chill out and just wait for the new Aero Trucker to go on the market.
I was just in Johnson in SF this week getting some repairs done on a few of my jackets. New zipper on the Hercules, and new buttons with backing on the Heron. Forgot to try on his Trucker version. See what i can find while taking all of your advice to wait for the Aero.

Edward

Bartender
Helstons, the French motorcycle gear company, have recently launched the Gang jacket. Rubbish name, nice jacket: looks like a corss between a leather Type3 and a NYPD jacket. Removable real sheepskin collar, and removable real sheepskin Winter body-liner too. Can't find a decent phot online that isn't one of those magnifier viewers, alas...

Edward

Bartender
Needles Rebuild Jean Jacket #1 in a size medium.

View attachment 90547

Needles Rebuild Jean Jacket #2 in a size large.

View attachment 90548

Heddels have a piece about these jackets, but I suspect that they're probably the sort of thing that should go into the "Just when you thought you had seen it all" thread.

I was more thinking "somebody needs to tell these people the Seventies are over - and they lost! :p

Srsly, though, while I can't imagine wearing one of these, it could be a cracking sales tool for a company like Aero to build one as a display model, with every different panel made from a diferent hide they use, so the buyer visiting the stall / trade show / whatever can feel the leather and compare different hides directly in the same context.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I was more thinking "somebody needs to tell these people the Seventies are over - and they lost! :p

Srsly, though, while I can't imagine wearing one of these, it could be a cracking sales tool for a company like Aero to build one as a display model, with every different panel made from a diferent hide they use, so the buyer visiting the stall / trade show / whatever can feel the leather and compare different hides directly in the same context.

Hey, the 70s weren't that bad, I think. Even better than this patchwork nonsense that Needles is selling for over $2K, is what was also on that page:
Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 8.13.41 AM.png

Synthetic Leather/Python. On sale too! Gotta get me one of them babies.

Edward

Bartender
Hey, the 70s weren't that bad, I think. Even better than this patchwork nonsense that Needles is selling for over $2K, is what was also on that page:
View attachment 93342
Synthetic Leather/Python. On sale too! Gotta get me one of them babies.

If they do a blazer style, you can pretend to be Nicholas Cage in Paris, Texas. :p

The Seventies had some grat stuff gonig on, as long as you stick to the cool bits and pretend the manstream didn't exist. Personally, I rate them highly over the eighties!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
@Monitor ...I had a dream this morning that you visited the Aero factory and ended up with an off-the-rack Sheene-like black jacket with kind of a crabshell-colored quilted sateen lining. It had a few small patches on it. So weird. I need to stop eating ice cream at 5am. This lining but a Sheene:
IMG_3017.JPG

@Monitor ...I had a dream this morning that you visited the Aero factory and ended up with an off-the-rack Sheene-like black jacket with kind of a crabshell-colored quilted sateen lining. It had a few small patches on it. So weird. I need to stop eating ice cream at 5am. This lining but a Sheene:
View attachment 93361

Hahaha Well... Sadly, this didn't happen but I wish it did. What kinda patches? Army kind or was the leather like repaired??

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Well, growing up in the East Village, and Lower East Side of NYC during my teens and early 20s, in the late 60s, and early 70s, things got a little foggy at times. I think the fog was related to global warming.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
If they do a blazer style, you can pretend to be Nicholas Cage in Paris, Texas. :p

The Seventies had some grat stuff gonig on, as long as you stick to the cool bits and pretend the manstream didn't exist. Personally, I rate them highly over the eighties!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points