Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
It actually is. No modesty here. I mean, I've had nothing to do with it so it's okay. :) It's got tiny details I haven't even seen High Large does and that says a lot. Like the sides of the pocket being curved differently. Or the slight angle of the cuffs.

So it's an Aero? Looks amazing. I really like the fit of the Lee 101 trucker compared to the Type 3 Levi's style.

Elusive Cheyenne.

IMG-20181030-153941.jpg

IMG-20181030-154045.jpg

IMG-20181030-154059.jpg

IMG-20181030-154113.jpg

IMG-20181030-153806.jpg

IMG-20181030-153813.jpg

IMG-20181030-153827.jpg

IMG-20181030-153835.jpg

IMG-20181030-153847.jpg

IMG-20181030-153919.jpg

Mark Action

New in Town
I just love these! They're classic, cool, versatile, comfortable, beautiful and very forgiving size-wise. Couldn't find a similar thread so figured it's time a dedicated one got started.

So post yours! No matter if they're cheapos, no-names, etc. (like mine) - as long as you got one (or two or ten) that you love, share!

Here are some of mine. In addition to this Vanson Type-III (or Maverick, as they've named it) that you've already seen...
DSC06377.jpg

DSC06381.jpg

DSC06383.jpg

DSC06392.jpg

...I also have this made in Italy, Lee styled dreadnought that weights seven tons. It's a cool jacket. I wear it a lot.
DSC08069_resize.jpg

DSC08076_resize.jpg

DSC08081_resize.jpg

DSC08085_resize.jpg

Of all the jackets that I got, I don't think any other has seen more wear than this Wintex. German maker. They used to be really high quality. It's a great jacket in any case and more jackets I see, more I appreciate the leather it's made of.
DSC08089_resize.jpg

DSC08090_resize.jpg

DSC08098_resize.jpg

DSC08102_resize.jpg

DSC08091_resize.jpg

DSC08093_resize.jpg

Finally, a standard Levi's Type-III. Least cool of the bunch as it's quite long and baggy but the cowhide is gorgeous and the jacket is very well made. I gave it to a friend just a few days ago because I've got another one in the mail.
DSC07804_resize.jpg

DSC07827_resize.jpg

DSC07812_resize.jpg

DSC07807_resize.jpg

Mark Action

New in Town
Sweet jacket collection. I especially like the second one...."Paul & Wite" I believe? Do you know if they still make them? If not, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Thank you!

Sweet jacket collection. I especially like the second one...."Paul & Wite" I believe? Do you know if they still make them? If not, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. Thank you!

Hey! Thanks, man.

Nah, they've discontinued these decades ago. The company made several versions of this style, the difference being mostly leather. Most were suede or black. The one I have is made from a really high quality tan leather. Very heavy stuff. It's a super nice jacket. All this time that I've had it, I've been thru many high end jackets but this thing always remained. Don't really know why but it's fun to wear it from time to time.

Never thought about selling it but... If you want it... But I gotta warn you, it's a really large jacket. It's baggy and large but also super short. I'd say it's some kinda XL.

Mark Action

New in Town
Hey! Thanks, man.

Nah, they've discontinued these decades ago. The company made several versions of this style, the difference being mostly leather. Most were suede or black. The one I have is made from a really high quality tan leather. Very heavy stuff. It's a super nice jacket. All this time that I've had it, I've been thru many high end jackets but this thing always remained. Don't really know why but it's fun to wear it from time to time.

Never thought about selling it but... If you want it... But I gotta warn you, it's a really large jacket. It's baggy and large but also super short. I'd say it's some kinda XL.

Mark Action

New in Town
Interesting. I normally wear a 44 in leather jackets......anything between 23 to 24 pit to pit....shoulder seam to shoulder seam around 19 to 20....but, most importantly, I have long arms....24.5 or better. At any rate, let me know if you ever decide to list it in the market place. If the dimensions work, we may be able to work something out. Thanks for the info and quick response!

Interesting. I normally wear a 44 in leather jackets......anything between 23 to 24 pit to pit....shoulder seam to shoulder seam around 19 to 20....but, most importantly, I have long arms....24.5 or better. At any rate, let me know if you ever decide to list it in the market place. If the dimensions work, we may be able to work something out. Thanks for the info and quick response!

Sure thing. And you know what, I think it'd fit you to a tee - or at least helluva lot better than it fits me.
I'll measure it up and shoot you a PM. I'll give it some thought as I'm not even sure what to ask for it aaand... Maybe we'll make a deal of some sort.

Mark Action

New in Town
Works for me....no worries at all. I collect them as well and it is just so hard to part with them....no matter how seldom you wear them. I think I see what you mean about the roominess. I took a closer look and the upper arms seem to have some extra room in them. At any rate, take your time....

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^^don’t you have a brown one dyed black also?? Seems i recall that foray. How’s it looking??
You’ve come a long way Jonsey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko