Leather Western Shirt Arrives

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Powerband, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

Interesting that you say this. I have looked at leather shirts in the past but would inquire about a straight cut bottom.

ton312 likes this.
  2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have to echo the consensus, this looks so much better than I expected it too!

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It’s seems to exist in a unique atmosphere (just like a denim jacket)... a beautiful twilight zone that straddles the boundry between shirt and jacket. It can be both.

jak o'lantern and Monitor like this.
  4. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

I dig the hemline, i guess the ease of wearing comes from the shoulder to sleeve construction, after browsing some pictures this sleeve style looks less wrinkly when worn a little off shoulder, when you wear it right on the shoulder it will pinches and bunches around the underarm.

5. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Familiar Face

Yes. I agree. Something like this has definitely moved up a few notches on my To Do list.
    Not only did I originally think it’s not that big a deal and I liked the idea of something tougher but cooler to wear for summer riding, but now I am thinking, for sunny summer days a version in a grey color would be even more perfect.

Earlier today I was putting some conditioner on some of my old Cascades. One is black and one is grey. Laying them out in the backyard, it was quite striking how much of a temperature difference there was on the surface as they lay in the sun.

I think they also make this in brown but a dark brown would not make that much of a difference.
    Grey would be great. Maybe a few vents. Hmm, I’ll probably have to design this and figure out how to have it made myself.

I still like what he got. I like the black over brown horsehide idea.
    Depending on where you live, a green light for fall and winter for sure.

6. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I'm sure Aero will sell a few more leather shirts because of this thread. Nice work Powerband.

7. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

I wouldn't normally consider a leather shirt, and I'm not quite sure I can pull that off, but I really dig it. It has a nice not quite a shirt not quite a jacket look to it that I think will work in a lot of different occasions.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

8. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

No lining, I especially like it:cool:

9. Markoman

Markoman New in Town

That is a beautiful shirt!
    Is that Vicenza leather?

10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I've upwards of 20 or so pearl snap western shirts in my closet. Pretty much all I wear if long sleeves are called for. Over the years I've seen leather western shirts come and go through western shops I frequent and never once have considered ownership of one.......until now.

Fonzie, El Marro, handymike and 2 others like this.
  11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

You inspired me to wear mine as a jacket today:
    6135B487-9D14-45DA-8FF3-621A8FB1794A.jpeg

navetsea, Fonzie, Bennarion and 2 others like this.