Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee fedora--dipping my toe in the 'bay

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Won this Lee for $20 on an impulse bid:

38671677_tp.jpg

From the description:

The brim is 2" wide, bound in silver-gray grosgrain ribbon that matches the 3/4" hatband, which also boasts a jaunty red feather accent. The pinch-front, teardrop crown stands 4 1/2" high.

I'm hoping it will be a decent beater/entry level hat.

Stoney

Practically Family
Beater???

Hey,

I think it looks good. Reminds me of my sable brown stenson, which is similar although the ribbon on the stetson is 2".

It should make for an excellent casual hat.

;)

AlanC

Well, I refer to it as a 'beater' in part because I don't want to get my hopes up too much about it. Condition as described is not perfect. I'm new to this buying hats on ebay thing, and need to keep expectations down.

Thanks for the kind words above. If it works out, more pics to come, certainly.

AlanC

Look at your own risk...

The Lee came today, and it's in overall good shape with several divots in the felt underneath the brim, and one on the top. There is a sticker on the interior of the band with the United Hatters Cap & Millinery Wkrs Int Union seal and the number "129" on it. Thoughts on dating this?

I'm pretty pleased for the price ($20 + shipping). I'm sure it will lead to more, as everyone here well knows!

The fit is slightly loose--what's the safest way to approach that?

p1010294zq5.jpg

leesideviewau2.jpg

Razzman

One Too Many
Looks like a keeper to me. Fine looking lid, you wear it well. Congratulations on a nice pick-up. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Stoney

Practically Family
I've gotta tell ya...

You look great in that stingy brimmed hat. It's riding just about where it should so it must not be wayyyy too loose. If you need to tighten it up a bit, check weather the loose fit is side to side or from to back then use some folded paper, or scrap felt, under the sweatband to snug it up a bit. You don't want to tighten it too much or you'll end up with a headache. No joke Amigo.

Looks like you've made a good purchase!

You may want to brush it per the cleaning instructions FAQ sticky, that will often perk up a hat that has been stting around for a long time.

I think it looks great on ya!

AlanC

John in Covina said:
You may want to brush it per the cleaning instructions FAQ sticky, that will often perk up a hat that has been stting around for a long time.

Yes, this is straight out of the box, onto my head and photos taken by my wife.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Feraud

Bartender
Nice score on the hat!

AlanC said:
The fit is slightly loose--what's the safest way to approach that?
The safest and simplest is to put a strip of foam under the sweatband. Or if you are a movie fiend like myself, I stick movie stubs under the sweat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred