Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Rider Jacket ID Help

ExiledNudeman

New in Town
Greetings all--

Long-time lurker, infrequent poster here.

I've just bought this jacket off eBay, and I'm finding no info about it on google. By virtue of the "Sanforized/PATD-153438/Union Made in USA" I'm guessing it's an early-1970s production of what had previously been the 101J. Anyone here seen one of these in this gray color? Any/all info greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-LEE-101-Sanforized-Union-Made-USA-Beige-Denim-Jean-Jacket-Vintage-Size-XL-/311399577780?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gC%252BR94NDJzofQPwxpVHtD8xW4uo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Greetings all--

Long-time lurker, infrequent poster here.

I've just bought this jacket off eBay, and I'm finding no info about it on google. By virtue of the "Sanforized/PATD-153438/Union Made in USA" I'm guessing it's an early-1970s production of what had previously been the 101J. Anyone here seen one of these in this gray color? Any/all info greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-LEE-101-Sanforized-Union-Made-USA-Beige-Denim-Jean-Jacket-Vintage-Size-XL-/311399577780?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gC%252BR94NDJzofQPwxpVHtD8xW4uo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

In the 50's and maybe 60's, Lee made a 100-j. It was just like the 101-j, but it was made from an off-white canvas. This seems to be something similar (obviously, I suppose), but from the 1970's. Unfortunately, by that time, Lee's label weren't as distinctive, at least, not obviously so.

- Ian

ExiledNudeman

New in Town
Thanks Ian--

I'm familiar with the bone-color/off-white jacket that you mention, but I've never seen a "vintage" Lee jacket in gray; there are no photos on the internet either when I try to google it. I was thinking that someone might have dyed a white jacket, but I've never seen the off-white 101J-type from the 70s. Anyone seen one of these (link to auction is in the first post)?

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Welcome.

I have seen them (in gray), previously, on ebay while scouring through Lee jackets. However, I never paid too much attention to them since my interest was elsewhere. So, I believe it was produced by Lee. In what numbers, I haven't any idea.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn