Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on two Ebay Used Vanson & Schott leather Jackets

Vanson - Yeah, good deal, especially because it's brown.
Schott Perfecto - Considering it is new, yes although you can get a gently used 618 for $300.
Schott Sportswear - If you like it then... Yeah, I guess. Though I don't suppose these can command a much higher price.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Tough call...
I think you did ok on the Schott Bomber and the Vanson, but those two models are very common and not super desirable so they don't usually go for a lot of money.
The Schott perfecto i agree with Monitor, it's a decent price for a NOS jacket, but you could have bought the same jacket used for $300.
The second you wear it and remove the tags it will lose the NOS added value and be worth 300-350.

Grierts

New in Town
Vanson - Yeah, good deal, especially because it's brown.
Schott Perfecto - Considering it is new, yes although you can get a gently used 618 for $300.
Schott Sportswear - If you like it then... Yeah, I guess. Though I don't suppose these can command a much higher price.

lol I understand what you mean by the Sportswear. I already asked the seller to cancel that one.

I love the brown color on the vanson. Why does the color matter for the price ??

lol I understand what you mean by the Sportswear. I already asked the seller to cancel that one.

I love the brown color on the vanson. Why does the color matter for the price ??

You don't see brown Vanson jackets as often. 85-ish per cent are black so anyone looking specifically for a brown Vanson in any style might be inclined to pay more than they would for the black one.

Grierts

New in Town
Tough call...
I think you did ok on the Schott Bomber and the Vanson, but those two models are very common and not super desirable so they don't usually go for a lot of money.
The Schott perfecto i agree with Monitor, it's a decent price for a NOS jacket, but you could have bought the same jacket used for $300.
The second you wear it and remove the tags it will lose the NOS added value and be worth 300-350.

I understand what you mean by the pricing on the Perfecto. The NOS got me excited and I hopped on it.

I am new to the fitting of the leather jackets.

With a CHEST of 45 1/4 inches

and SHOULDERS of 18 1/2 inches.

Do you think everything will fit?

Grierts

New in Town
You don't see brown Vanson jackets as often. 85-ish per cent are black so anyone looking specifically for a brown Vanson in any style might be inclined to pay more than they would for the black one.

Awesome !!

Thanks for replying, I am curious, what are some of your favorite jackets right now??

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
You did ok on the Schott if you want an unused jacket . I’ed skip the other two…
The Vanson although brown is an unpleasing jacket IMO .. Reminds me of The Ike which is an odd looking jacket…

Last edited:

Grierts

New in Town
You did ok on the Schott if you want an unused jacket . I’ed skip the other two…
The Vanson although brown is an unpleasing jacket IMO .. Reminds me of The Ike which is an odd looking jacket…

Eisenhower jacket ??

I understand the Vanson - the two front pockets on that jacket are somewhat displeasing.
I would have loved something like Falcon Garments A2 -
But that's outta my price range currently.

These are my first-ever leather jacket purchases. Maybe impatience got the best of me.

I was originally going to order some Independence Brothers MTO jackets, but i thought better.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey I am new to leather jackets and I want to make sure im getting a good deal on these two jackets.

I can still cancel the orders.

Vintage Vanson Heavy Leather Motor Cycle Jacket, Excellent Condition, Size 44

Schott NYC Iconic Perfecto jacket 618 BLK Size 46

Vintage SCHOTT Sportswear Brown Leather Zipper Outdoor Bomber Jacket Sz-50

Are these good prices ?
So you ordered/BIN’d them from ebay sellers and that you could cancel the orders.
Seems the sellers may not appreciate that.
How does that work?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I understand what you mean by the pricing on the Perfecto. The NOS got me excited and I hopped on it.

I am new to the fitting of the leather jackets.

With a CHEST of 45 1/4 inches

and SHOULDERS of 18 1/2 inches.

Do you think everything will fit?
I have similar measurements to you and I usually wear a size 46 in Vanson. I will be the first to admit that I like my jackets to have a little extra room In them.
The size 44 Marauder will probably fit you with little room to spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana