Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let me run this by you...

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Art,

This hat is simply magnificent! Not to mention a bargain at your asking price. Who in their right mind would even consider buying a new Borsalino for $300 when a custom hat of this quality and price is available anywhere on the face of the planet? Outstanding!!

- John

WEEGEE

Practically Family
ME AS WELL

Hi Art,

Disregard our prior conversation and put me on the list if there is still space...that is a beauty...7 3/8

WOW

mpf

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It IS somewhat of a conundrum BB...definitely a "be careful what you wish for" situation but I think if I can set the limit I have a better chance of keeping it fresh. Time will tell. As you may know I was an "unlisted" Masonry contractor for many years ( 22 of the last 38 years) and at one time had a 1 year waiting list for my services. Unbelievably, people waited. I hope this never gets to that as I want to keep people happy but need to maintain my sanity also.
thanks for picking up on the name maintcoder, and Welcome to the Lounge. As I was thinking this hat through Mr. Robinsons face kept jumping out at me as what he would wear so...what better name?
Johnnysan..thank you, Weegee..I had this in mind when talking to you but wasn't ready to "come out" with it. Oh..I had a chance to check on your inquiry and the hat is gone. Don't know if it went at the auction or otherwise but I don't have it anymore. I'll put your name on the list. Lets talk privately about it.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I think the hat looks really really good. It really captures the golden era, (30s-40s) style that I personally like. The crown height and brim width you have is what I like the best. I like the idea of having a Logo on the sweatband that says it's a limited edition and that each hat would be numbered, ie. (1 of 10) (2 of 10) etc. I was in Nordstroms a while back and saw that some high end tie makers did that with their 7 fold ties. It's kinda nice knowing that when you walk down the street you aren't very likely to run into someone wearing another hat that looks exactly like yours.

fedoralover

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yahoo..

Arthur, it looks a lot like the one you made for me out of the vintage 1928 felt, the "peach" color. If this is different, I want one. You have my size down. I want the tall crown. Oh, and bind the edge. I'll send a check. Oh, and I do owe you for the last felt and straw...

The weather sucks for flying, so that has to wait. Dust off the guest room. I'll load the guns (into the car;) ) and starting in mid-Jan., my boss (me) gave me Thu-Fri-Sat off..so a drive up is worth it. Can I bring the kid?

Ani

New in Town
I Want One Too

Hi Art,

I am brand new to the lounge and enjoy everyone's comments and am intrigued with your plans for hat making. This hat is awesome.

I was wondering if you would consider making this beauty into a woman's fedora? If so I would like to be added to your list.

Ani

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I would love to Ani, and Welcome to the Lounge. I'm sure you'll find this a good group of people to "hang out" with.
Please just email or PM me privately & we'll talk.

Your right Fedoralover..this was not expected and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Philip Marlowe

New in Town
Art, you sir, are a gifted artist. You have the vision and the know how. Stunning hat. A classic. Like some others, I would like to see this with matching edge trim. Maybe a matching feather...optional of course!

Well done!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Philip..when designing this one I considered both, but the more i thought about it the more i realized that if I made it more "formal" I would have to call it "Mr. Robinson" :) Both of course can be added on request.

Welcome to the Lounge!!!

havershaw

Practically Family
Great...now I can start adding "buying NEW hats" to my list of things to blow my money on...as if an impending child weren't enough...!

Beautiful work, Art!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
WOW

Art, this is an awesome idea. I'd love to see what else you create. Right now, my "custom hat money" is committed, but a later creation will be on my priority list. Fantastic!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Funny you should ask Mud...I worked late last night on one that you might like. I hesitate posting it as the purpose of this Lounge isn't to promote individual businesses and I have a great deal of respect for that point of view. When I get the pics done I will email you privately.

Art Fawcett said:
Funny you should ask Mud...I worked late last night on one that you might like. I hesitate posting it as the purpose of this Lounge isn't to promote individual businesses and I have a great deal of respect for that point of view. When I get the pics done I will email you privately.

Oh geez, now the suspense is killing me. :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy