Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

let's have dialogue with hat companies

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tonyb said:
If I visited a forum for cowboy boot crazies, I'd fully expect to read about how my Ariats aren't much of a boot. That wouldn't keep me from wearing them. And I bet if I spent a little time there I would learn what to look for in their replacements.
I agree with your perspective. I find myself getting all whipped up about hats, more so than before, by seeing this site, especially the photos of what hats people have, old and new. I note the enthusiasm with which the hats are received, which I feel also when getting a new hat. I like to buy them, wear them, and now talk hats (which I couldn't do before because no one among my friends likes them). I personally don't get too exercised about the particular opinions. Sometimes I agree, other times not. But as a hat wearer I think I need a certain amount of collective support out there and participation in the style in order to validate it. I'm very content with the lack of prevalence of hats at the moment. I hope it grows some, but it's one curve I can be ahead of.

tonyb said:
..., I'd fully expect to read about how my Ariats aren't much of a boot. That wouldn't keep me from wearing them. And I bet if I spent a little time there I would learn what to look for in their replacements.
:eek:fftopic: I LOVE my Ariats too but mad as hell they changed from the Hexcel Pro Roper series! The new models kill my arches. I bought every pair of Hexcel's I could find in my size & cherish the inserts. I have refurbed a few pair & told them NOT to put those Cobalt inserts in. I'll go with Lucchesse or Rios of Mercedes as my Ariats wear out.

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
danofarlington said:
I agree with your perspective. I find myself getting all whipped up about hats, more so than before, by seeing this site, especially the photos of what hats people have, old and new. I note the enthusiasm with which the hats are received, which I feel also when getting a new hat. I like to buy them, wear them, and now talk hats (which I couldn't do before because no one among my friends likes them). I personally don't get too exercised about the particular opinions. Sometimes I agree, other times not. But as a hat wearer I think I need a certain amount of collective support out there and participation in the style in order to validate it. I'm very content with the lack of prevalence of hats at the moment. I hope it grows some, but it's one curve I can be ahead of.

Great post! Couldn't agree more. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart