1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lucky23, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Motorbass

Motorbass New in Town

El Marro, technovox, Monitor and 6 others like this.
  2. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

That looks awesome dude! Congratulations on a terrific fit.

As has been said, you might want to try higher rise jeans to give you a bit more confidence in the look of an outfit, but the jacket is great.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Paul Koo likes this.
  3. Paul Koo

Paul Koo New in Town

Thank you! I will definitely try some out over the weekend. Appreciate everybody's input! You guys are incredibly helpful.

4. Paul Koo

Paul Koo New in Town

Thanks! I'll be checking some out over the weekend for sure!

5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

That's exactly how it's supposed to look. Congrats.

Monitor likes this.
  6. technovox

technovox Practically Family

This Taubers horsehide cafe racer motorcycle jacket is one of my all time favorites to wear around town. It was pretty thrashed when I got it, but the good folks at Johnson Leathers spruced it up beautifully with a new lining and some patchwork.

TauberMain.JPG

TauberBack.JPG

TauberArm.JPG

TauberSleeve.JPG

TauberLabel.JPG

Taubers_Scrambler_ccc.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    El Marro, Ric., navetsea and 11 others like this.
  7. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

Probably not the classic look the OP had in mind, but this is the jacket I actually use for riding - my Richa Daytona. And this is it when I've just got in from a ride to the supermarket in the total pissing rain.

Utterly soaked.

[​IMG]

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

mouse.jpg

9. sberger

sberger New in Town

My second Brooks gold label. Own a size 40, which was a wee bit small. This is a 44, came with a zip out lining. Much better, if a wee bit large. Probably a 42 would be just right, but for now I'm finished(famous last words?).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

20190319_140434.jpg 20190319_140649.jpg 20190319_140548.jpg

My Vanson America Hybrid. With the stripes and the Vanson logo, feels like I'm making a bit of a statement, lol! Got it custom-made some years ago after ordering an AR3 jacket and being not quite happy. Returned it and Vanson phoned me back saying they could do a custom one for me, ended up with this. Pretty happy with it. This jacket has option to install armor pads inside - back, shoulders, elbows - but they"re not installed in these pics. The pads are the typical thick black ones Vanson seems to install on their armored jacket options. They feel reassuringly sturdy but are quite bulky and you can see a mile away that the pads are in the jacket, so I install them only when I'm doing serious riding. The Vanson collaboration jackets with UnionGarageNYC use softer, more pliable yellow D3O armor, definitely better option.

navetsea, Gamma68, ksozay and 3 others like this.
  11. Dphillip

Dphillip New in Town

Great looking jacket and exceptional fit.