Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's talk about Deck Jackets (my grail has landed)

MoFo

Familiar Face
20210117_143221.jpg

christian-h

One of the Regulars

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As we know, the McCoy's N-1 is expensive. And then they make one that is even more expensive -- the SPL version, with mouton collar, different zipper, and heavier exterior. Money no object, which would you prefer?

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=4522&pg=

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/products/detail.php?product_id=4736&pg=
This isn't the first issue of the SPL. SPL first introduced Khaki version in 2014, Navy in 2016. Back then the SPL was only available at RM own stores in Japan yet they sold out real fast. One of the best selling limited edition.

Blackadder

resist the urge to add frills to a utilitarian object..........simple is better and original is better.
It isn't just frills, it is actually warmer. I have no need for that though cos where I live, I don't even get to wear my normal N-1 repros that much.

hesalitedome

New in Town
^ That was actually my concern. The standard N-1 is already so warm, I can't imagine how warm the heavier SPL would be.

Then there's the mouton -- really nice, warm, and comfortable, but is it over-the-top for the utilitarian N-1?

Blackadder

^ That was actually my concern. The standard N-1 is already so warm, I can't imagine how warm the heavier SPL would be.

Then there's the mouton -- really nice, warm, and comfortable, but is it over-the-top for the utilitarian N-1?
The mouton collar is overkill for me but that is what makes it is warmer than the standard one.

dannyk

One Too Many
Hey All,

I am not a military gear guy. I’m always on the motorcycle jacket threads. Recently I’ve started getting into some military type stuff. So I swung by my local Army/Navy surplus and picked up this haul. It was all a great deal and super fair pricing. The one jacket I don’t really know what it is and if it’s even a military coat? The boots I am assuming are probably Canadian as they did have some similar ones that said Canadian combat and Canadian dress boots. The deck jacket I am sure is not very old or worth anything. I would imagine just a few years old at most and worth 200 bucks max. But having said that as I mentioned I have 0 military background. I literally just started looking at stuff this past month. So I’m going turn to you all to see if you know anything about what I got here. What I do know is the boots fit amazingly well; the deck jacket is a good fit and super warm. So whatever they are and whenever they are from I’m super satisfied for what I paid.
69723349-2D9E-4CE4-8E38-C12CB78EA11E.jpeg
30AB9921-2081-46F2-B163-AB1A5234471C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner