Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letter Carriers Fight Hunger on May 10

russa11

One of the Regulars
I just read in my local paper that tomorrow the postal service will collect food for the need and bring it to the local area food pantries. There are a lot of people hurting out there and if my donating cans of food helps put food on someones table then all the better. Not doing a soap box speech just thought I would pass along the link.

http://www.usps.com/communications/n...8/pr08_048.htm

Foofoogal

Banned
Thank you for reminding us. I am no longer working at the local food pantry (which I did for over 4 years) but the USPS food drive does come at a much needed time. I do miss it but was worn out really. More emotionally draining than physical.
The summertime it seems people forget about pantries. Christmas of course everyone remembers.
A lot of kids will be out of school soon and so this food helps a great deal.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My local post office has been doing this for years. After they didn't pick up my food and it was attacked by the local animals all over the front of my driveway, I vowed never to do this again.

I donate my food directly instead.

Vintage Betty

Foofoogal

Banned
Anyway possible helps greatly. I think they prefer canned goods for this type of thing. The carrier works very hard to do this and really slows them down but is so appreciative.

Abyss

Familiar Face
I participated in this today. By participated, I mean that my car was used to drive the food from the post offices to the charities (driven by someone else), and I spent most of my time unloading the food from the vehicles. Moved quite a bit of food, but unfortunately not as much food was donated this year compared to years past, all across the the city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy