Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

letting out a waistcoat

D-503

Familiar Face
So I found a series of AMAZING late 30s three piece double breasted suits for a steal at a local thrift store yesterday, and what's even more amazing is they fit... well, sorta.

The waist on the jackets are too high and the pants are a bit short - as it stands now, I look a bit bulky in them - but that can be easily altered. The real problem are the waistcoats. I am simply unable to button the damn thing - apparently the late owner was a bit smaller around the chest.

How easy is it to let out a waistcoat? I talked to the shop owner and together we found about half an inch of extra fabric on either side of the garment, but I wonder if altering waistcoats is advisable. I suppose could always wear the suits as two-pieces - they really are bloody fantastic.

sproily

Practically Family
Is the waistcoat same material or is the back satin?

It is possible. You might even take out the back completely and strap it. Use as a backless waistcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy