Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis leathers 1936 pattern flying boots

coalman

New in Town
Can anybody who has a pair of these boots give me thier impressions of them and if possble comparing them against the ones that Aero and ELC manufactured.
Thank you

John

Aether

One of the Regulars
Don't know if this helps, but I was in the LL shop and had a quick look at these. Looked very well put together with a nice sleek kind of profile. From talking to the guys in the shop they really give the impression that they want to make the best possible products regardless of cost. Like I say, not sure how much help this was (I was more interested in their jackets and only really had a quick look at the boots) but give them a call or email, I'm sure they'll be able to answer your queries.

coalman

New in Town
Hi
Many thanks for your comments,I have only seen the boots on the LL website so it nice to hear your thoughts on the standard of workmanship of the
boots,however do you think they are worth the price of £385?

John

Hawkmoon

New in Town
Hello All,

I'm pretty keen to know this also - but these boots are no longer available from Aero or Eastman (both have since confirmed that they have no plans whatsoever to re-introduce this product).

How do the Lewis boots compare to the Motorcowboy boots?

Apparently, the vamp is correctly sewn on the Motorcowboy boot, whereas the Lewis Boot is not. That is not a criticism, just stating fact as advised by Lewis.

Hawk.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Having seen the Lewis boot in their shop, the toe area looks a bit pointed to me, whereas the Aero boot is more rounded like the real RAF boots[That I have seen].
To me they look more like sheepskin motorbike boots rather than wartime era flying boots.
Aero no longer make their version so maybe Lewis are your only option.
J

Hawkmoon

New in Town
Boots from Motorcowboy are still available. The vamp on their boots is (reportedly) correct. I don't know if they have improved the noted issues in their current production boots, however.

Really interested to know how the two boots compare!!!!

I've go the funds and I'm ready to buy...I'm just trying to decide on which way to go.

Will

hippomaintenance

New in Town
Hi All,

I have two pairs of Lewis leathers boots. one in Cow hide and one pair in calf. They are really well made boots that will last a lifetime. They are the closest I have found to my original 36 pattern boots. The fleece inside is medium pile very soft which is more like cony than sheepskin. The sheepskin in my original 36ers is very thick and tough. The LL boots have been copied from original D.Lewis boots they still have to work from. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart