Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers Dominator - Fit Check

konadog

Practically Family
I just bought a Lewis Leathers Dominator in black sheepskin off the rack at The Stronghold in Venice. Five or six years ago, I bought my brown sheepskin Corsair from The Stronghold, and Lewis custom-made the jacket with slight modifications on their standard size 44. This Dominator is also a size 44 and (I believe) the Dominator and Corsair share the same pattern. I love his jacket and am definitely keeping it, but am wondering if I should take it in a bit at the sides. Here's the new jacket and a comparison with the Corsair...

1705192320705.png

DominatorJan24-03.jpg
DominatorJan24-06.jpg

1705192449531.png

Attachments

• DominatorJan24-10.jpg
    DominatorJan24-10.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 51

konadog

Practically Family
Fits you well but it's too long.
The length doesn't bother me. The back length of the Corsair is 25.5", whereas the Dominator is 25.75". Both are size 44. I am 6'2", and the lengths of the jackets are unaltered from the original Lewis pattern. So if you are ordering a custom Corsair or Dominator and think these are long on me, be sure to specify to shorten the length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner